A lot of people were sorta confused why as to why Samsung chose to put the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone along side the micro USB port. It does seem like awkward placement. Maybe they had docks in mind or maybe it was simply just more convenient. Either way, looking at pictures of the device, it's seems like it's very possible that a dock can be designed so it plugs into both the USB and headphone jacks at the same time. All while holding the phone up in portrait mode. This would allow for simultaneous audio streaming and charging while docked.

Just a thought I had...

Pic for reference: http://www.eurodroid.com/pics2/galaxy-nexus-side.jpg
    10-27-2011 01:35 AM
    not only that, but you could build an adaptor that would easily fit on the Apple dock connector allowing you to easily and stylishly use the multitude of items that come with that. I have seen instructions for diy versions on the net, but maybe someone could make a professional version if demand were high enough.
    10-29-2011 01:40 PM
    The Nexus employs contactless charging don't forget with the three contacts on the side of the phone. The dock featured during the launch looks as though it could very well also slide into the headphone jack (even though in the image the damn phone is the wrong way up ;-)), although until we actually see one we naturally don't know. There were no accessories on show at the tour event in London the other night :-(

Guess we'll soon find out :-)

10-29-2011 03:23 PM
    not only that, but you could build an adaptor that would easily fit on the Apple dock connector allowing you to easily and stylishly use the multitude of items that come with that. I have seen instructions for diy versions on the net, but maybe someone could make a professional version if demand were high enough.
    That would be awesome, but there may be some apple legal concerns preventing a commercial product, it shouldn't deter diyers from posting a guide to make one yourself though
    10-29-2011 03:36 PM
    That would be awesome, but there may be some apple legal concerns preventing a commercial product, it shouldn't deter diyers from posting a guide to make one yourself though
    Well the diy project used a commercially available cable
    iPod dock adapter for Motorola Droid/Milestone
    anon(512898) likes this.
    10-30-2011 02:12 PM
    Well the diy project used a commercially available cable
    iPod dock adapter for Motorola Droid/Milestone
    That's pretty cool, I'll have to look into something like this.
    10-30-2011 04:37 PM
    What I want is a docking station that doesn't make you take the sleeve off.
    10-31-2011 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD