Is Galaxy Nexus a World Phone?

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont see at&t getting it for a while with the new galaxy s2 coming out. I see verizon and tmobile getting it first then sprint. I really wanted a world phone bc i live on the border or detroit/windsor. Oh well lol. Getting it anyways.

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So whats the definition of a world phone again? I though it qualifies as a world phone if it has penta-band HSPA.

Or does it need to have CDMA support as well.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So whats the definition of a world phone again? I though it qualifies as a world phone if it has penta-band HSPA.

Or does it need to have CDMA support as well.

A world phone for Verizon is one that can operate on Verizon's networks in the US and on global GSM networks abroad, so yes, CDMA support would be required for a Verizon world phone.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Not the Verizon model, but the international model would work just about anywhere

Has that been confirmed? Several of the recent Verizon high-end handsets have been world phones, at least on the Moto side. I assumed that was just the direction that Verizon was headed with all of their new hotness.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Has that been confirmed? Several of the recent Verizon high-end handsets have been world phones, at least on the Moto side. I assumed that was just the direction that Verizon was headed with all of their new hotness.

None have LTE support though. Those are only CDMA/GSM devices.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well Im praying for a gsm/cdma phone! but...Im sure it wont. LTE uses a sim card. Will there be a phone that uses two sim cards. Will at&t lte phones require two sim cards? one for gsm and the other for lte?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool