Importing Galaxy Nexus

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Im considering importing the GNex if this Verizon exclusivity turns out to be true. Which site is the best to import from and will ship out your phone at a relatively fast rate?

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone find a good place to get one? I am going to see about selling an iPhone for $400 over what I pay (so $600 for an iPhone 4S). I will then sell my current iPhone 4 for about $350, bringing me to $650 towards the Galaxy Nexus. However, the only one I see on eBay is $900. Where is the best place to buy one?

I don't need it right away, I care more about it being cheaper than timely.

I plan to wait until December 1st to start doing this so I have time. I want to see if we find out anything else about an AT&T Galaxy Nexus before then. Do you think Amazon US will carry it once it has been released?

Neon01

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me. :)

Dunno if this help since you're more interested in less expensive than fast.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me. :)

Thanks for the link. I've placed my pre-order as well. The email did say "we will email you about final pricing" so that concerns me a bit....

Neon01

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I've placed my pre-order as well. The email did say "we will email you about final pricing" so that concerns me a bit....

I'm not too concerned. I recall seeing a notice near the completion of checkout that said they notify you when the phone is actually going to ship so you get the option to bail on it before it actually goes out if you want. I just found a $20 off coupon for them, but I'd hate to lose my place "in line" if they're doing FIFO processing of pre-orders. It's "20OFFLS", according to the coupon site, FWIW. Dunno if it works for sure.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too concerned. I recall seeing a notice near the completion of checkout that said they notify you when the phone is actually going to ship so you get the option to bail on it before it actually goes out if you want. I just found a $20 off coupon for them, but I'd hate to lose my place "in line" if they're doing FIFO processing of pre-orders. It's "20OFFLS", according to the coupon site, FWIW. Dunno if it works for sure.

Have you ever used a site like that before? Just wondering how quickly they'd get them and be able to ship if it releases on say the 21st, when could we expect it to be shipped to us?

I have no idea if there's like a month delay, a week or no delay?

Neon01

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever used a site like that before? Just wondering how quickly they'd get them and be able to ship if it releases on say the 21st, when could we expect it to be shipped to us?

I have no idea if there's like a month delay, a week or no delay?

I haven't, unfortunately. I would hope that they would ship out within a week of its release in the UK (17th). If that's not the case, I'll probably cancel my order and go elsewhere. What's the point in paying a little more to pre-order if I don't get the phone "first", like they advertise. I can always just pick one up on ebay from EU with overnight shipping if I truly wanted to be "first".

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Expansys is a legitimate company. There's nothing to worry about there.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
God damn it! Of course Expansys is in IL as am I, friggin sales tax. So my question is all I need to do is pull the sim out of my skyrocket and put it in the Nexus and it works?????

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My question is: I'm on an iPhone 4S so the SIM won't work with this phone. If I buy the Galaxy Nexus from this company does it come with a SIM card? Can I jsut call or go to AT&T and get this activated with no issues. Just worried about them not activating it bc AT&T doesn't atually sell the phone.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My question is: I'm on an iPhone 4S so the SIM won't work with this phone. If I buy the Galaxy Nexus from this company does it come with a SIM card? Can I jsut call or go to AT&T and get this activated with no issues. Just worried about them not activating it bc AT&T doesn't atually sell the phone.

Just go to AT&T and tell them that you misplaced your phone so a friend is going to lend you their SGS2 and you are going to need a new SIM card. They will give you one and will never even have to know anything about the phone.

That said, I don't think there would be a problem just telling the truth.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just go to AT&T and tell them that you misplaced your phone so a friend is going to lend you their SGS2 and you are going to need a new SIM card. They will give you one and will never even have to know anything about the phone.

That said, I don't think there would be a problem just telling the truth.

Ok, good idea. if I order the Galaxy Nexus...doesn't it come with a SIM card? or no bc it's not available with AT&T? How much are SIMs running now-a-days

Does the Nexus have a SD card slot like other Samsung phones? Will the phone from the website above have all the same apps as the US version? Will the android market work? I just don't want to buy a phone and it not fully function

Sorry for so many question. 1. new to android. 2. first time buying a phone from another country.

Last edited:

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, good idea. if I order the Galaxy Nexus...doesn't it come with a SIM card? or no bc it's not available with AT&T? How much are SIMs running now-a-days

Does the Nexus have a SD card slot like other Samsung phones? Will the phone from the website above have all the same apps as the US version? Will the android market work? I just don't want to buy a phone and it not fully function

Sorry for so many question. 1. new to android. 2. first time buying a phone from another country.

No, it won't come with a SIM card, you will have to get one from an AT&T store. I don't know what they cost but if you're a smooth talking you may be able to convince them to give it to you for free.

Unfortunately, no the Galaxy Nexus DOES NOT have an SD card slot. The phone should have the same apps as an AT&T version would have if we ever got one, but there currently is no US version. Yes, Android Market will work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance