I am really psyched about getting a new phone to replace my BB Storm 1 and even more so after seeing all the reviews of the new android devices coming out for Big Red.

I was pretty much set on the GN until i came across the MOTOSACTV.

https://motoactv.com/

I was wondering if there is or are comparable devices for the GN. I exercise a lot and have been in the market for a heart rate monitor. This device really intrigues me and the fact it is tethered to Motorola Android phone(s).

thanks in advance as always.

David
    11-07-2011 03:38 PM
    Article form Google 9 to 5 - Motorola announces Moto ACTV fitness device | 9to5Google | Beyond Good and Evil

looks like it can be used with any Android device.
    11-07-2011 06:31 PM
    David was thinking the same thing. Did some homework and I also believe any droid phone. Download motoactv. Not sure its avail yet. Comes stock on razor tho
    11-07-2011 09:35 PM
    This post says otherwise:

MOTOACTV apk for non Motorola? - xda-developers

Someone has already pulled it appart and ripped out the blur permissions and it now works.
    11-08-2011 10:34 AM
    This post says otherwise:

MOTOACTV apk for non Motorola? - xda-developers

Someone has already pulled it appart and ripped out the blur permissions and it now works.
    I clicked on your link and found the attached file on the xda forum. I used chrome to phone and just downloaded the .apk straight to my GSII epic touch and it worked without a problem.

Thanks for providing the link. I haven't gotten the MotoActive yet, but I think I will definitely get it now that I know it will work with a non-Motorola phone.
    11-09-2011 04:59 PM
    I clicked on your link and found the attached file on the xda forum. I used chrome to phone and just downloaded the .apk straight to my GSII epic touch and it worked without a problem.

Thanks for providing the link. I haven't gotten the MotoActive yet, but I think I will definitely get it now that I know it will work with a non-Motorola phone.
    Please let me know how you like if ABC of it works on a treadmill. Only reason I have an iPod still.
    11-09-2011 06:21 PM
    I installed this apk on my Evo, and it seems to work, but I don't actually get the notifications. My phone shows the motoactv as "paired but not connected". Any ideas how I can get these two devices to play nicely together?
    11-10-2011 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD