Just purchased unlocked nexus from ebay. How well does it work?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
What kind of speeds are you getting on AT&T? Will it work as good as my galaxy s2?

Does everything work correctly? MMS? All apps in market?

sgvjon

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just purchased unlocked nexus from ebay. How well does it wo

im getting 3G speeds on my phone right now, with no problems at all. text, picture messages, phonecalls, apps, market, etc all work. at least as of right now :D

johncl1

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Are you in an area that has LTE? You say you are on 3G-what sort of data speeds are you getting?

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Everything seems to be working on mine too. I am no in an area wih enhanced backhaul fo HSPA+ but I really wished Google Wallet would work though. Getting some FC on some apps but I think it is because of incompatibility with ICS. I also found forcing 2D hardware rendering caused me some FC on apps.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

I'm getting 7-10 mb down and 3-5 up in Chicago on HSPA+. Signal strength is excellent as well.

Savetherocks

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting 7-10 mb down and 3-5 up in Chicago on HSPA+. Signal strength is excellent as well.

It's about the same for me here in Dallas. AT&T's HSPA+ network beats out Sprint's WiMax and isn't too far behind Verizon LTE.

tigerec

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I've been using mine for about 4 days now (as of 12/11/11), I used to have an Atrix which I could never seem to speedtest over 2MBPS, but my Galaxy Nexus is going as high as 4.8MBPS. The icons flickers back and forth between 3G and H symbol, but I don't notice a change in speed. Charlotte North Carolina is LTE available, but I live in outskirts where HSPA+ is readily available. Ill try do some speedtests while in Charlotte. I posted a youtube video showing some speedtest results.[YT]Masgitz[/YT]

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok quick question? I need to toss my BB and I'm thinking strongly about getting this gsm version but since At&t doesn't have it yet would ya'll recommend ebay to buy it from or another gsm carrier overseas ?
:confused:

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok quick question? I need to toss my BB and I'm thinking strongly about getting this gsm version but since At&t doesn't have it yet would ya'll recommend ebay to buy it from or another gsm carrier overseas ?

Watch out for ebay. A guy scammed me there. Luckily, the protection program there decided in my favor. I bought mine from Handtec in the UK, but Expansys is in the US.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

_Opiate_

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I bought mine from expansys and had no problems getting it. It works awesome on at&t for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I bought mine from amazon.com and it is working flawlessly on At&T. Getting HSPA+ speeds of 4-5gb up in a fairly rural area.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I am curious if the unlocked version is available anywhere else other than eBay? So the unlocked version will support AT&T's HSPA+ 21 Mbps? Will it support AT&T's LTE? How would one go about switching from an iPhone 4s? I know you'd have to buy a microsim card but this wouldn't affect the unlimited data plan would it?

Thanks

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I am curious if the unlocked version is available anywhere else other than eBay? So the unlocked version will support AT&T's HSPA+ 21 Mbps? Will it support AT&T's LTE? How would one go about switching from an iPhone 4s? I know you'd have to buy a microsim card but this wouldn't affect the unlimited data plan would it?

Thanks

I got my GN Prime GSM from amazon.com. It does support HSPA+, but not LTE. I put the microsim from my iPhone 4 into an adapter and it fit right in the GN. I am very pleased with the GN and have no intention of returning to the iPhone anytime soon.

mdiggty

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Just got mine from Canada(Craigslist is so awesome). Works great on AT&T. Face unlock is works well, but you have to be in good lighting. Maps pick up really quick.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I got my GN Prime GSM from amazon.com. It does support HSPA+, but not LTE. I put the microsim from my iPhone 4 into an adapter and it fit right in the GN. I am very pleased with the GN and have no intention of returning to the iPhone anytime soon.

When you first switched did you have to call AT&T to change the data plan? I'm on the unlimited plan and wonder if I'd have to call AT&T every time I swap phones? Would hate to loose the unlimited plan because of switching?

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

When you first switched did you have to call AT&T to change the data plan? I'm on the unlimited plan and wonder if I'd have to call AT&T every time I swap phones? Would hate to loose the unlimited plan because of switching?

No, I did not have to notify AT&T. My unlimited data plan moved with the SIM card.

kirangilvaz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Ok I've been on this for quite sometime. Hope someone can help me out. ..Here goes..
To my knowledge there are 2 Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones out there. 'The European Version - the one that supports 3G and HSDPA+' and the 'Verizon version - the one that supports 4G LTE'

I'm trying to figure out if the Verizon version supports networks like AT&T that runs on a 2G and 3G network. I understand that the phone clearly requires to be unlocked. But once its unlocked, surely the verizon LTE version is also compatible with 2G and 3G networks, correct?

Cause i've asked every store in town and everyone says the 'Verizon version' is only going to work on the LTE and CDMA network, which AT&T doesn't have as of now.

So can i simply buy the unlocked LTE version for now... Use it on the AT&T 2G and 3G networks.. and jump on to AT&T's LTE network once they release it?
(so does this LTE version support the usual international 2G and 3G networks? or does it only work on verzions network?)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon