Nexus Button Placement Design Flaw (with solution)

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I was watching a video of someone texting on the Galaxy Nexus, and they said their number one complaint is that typing in portrait made it very easy to accidentally hit the home button when you really wanted to punch in a space.

012-galaxy-nexus-iphone-4s905v_medium.jpg

My idea is to ask Google to change the button behavior to that of the camera app, where they revert to dots while you're typing so that you'd have to accidentally press the home button twice in order for it to take you out of whatever it is you're typing.

I think it's a simple enough fix. What do you guys think?

Reactions: EggoEspada

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I like this idea, and Im sure it would be very easy for Google to implement such a feature.

Im curious to see if I will have the same happen as well, I never really thought about it before this.

Jiggy_

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
hmmm me like. I kept pressing the home key on my old nexus one. Hasn't happened to me on my galaxy nexus. But i like the idea!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Since a dev has hadded the search key to the set up I think they can relocate the key

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That would be a good idea. I kept doing the same thing on my Honeycomb tablet while typing with my thumbs. I ended up installing Thumb Keyboard. Thumb Keyboard allows me to adjust the height of the space bar. That kept me from hitting the navigation and notification buttons on my tablet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk