Weak wifi signal

glk#WN

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else encountering this? My iPhone gets full signal throughout my house but not the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rudirt

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have a similar problem. My old phone an HTC hero works all round the house on both mobile network and wifi. The mobile network also works around town and is usually quite quick.
The nexus galaxy connection seem to start, stop and stall I have performed several tests switching the sim card between phones and this is no exaggeration the HTC hero is ten times more reliable downloading data from wifi and the mobile network (GPRS).
Looks like this Nexus Galaxy will be returned in the next few days. It's a shame because other than that it is a great phone - but unfortunately connectivity is more important than anything else on smart phone as far I am concerned.

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Signal strength on this phone seems to be sucky in general.

I picked up my Verizon LTE GN yesterday and have had signal issues with it.

With my Droid X I would get 3 bars of 3G at my house. The GN only gets one.

With my Droid X I could be on my hammock in my backyard, about 20 yards and a couple walls away from my router inside, and I'd have like 50% wifi strength. With my GN I lose wifi connection 20 ft from the router, and that's inside the house.

Signal strength is the worst part of this phone.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems throughout my house. I get all 4 bars consistently throughout my 2 story house with basement without any issues.

I have also picked up wifi signals outside of coffee shops as well without any drops. Better then my iphone 4. IMHO

Cowql8er

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My SGN is getting reception in my house in places that my Fascinate and Eris didn't. Could just be the better of bad radios, but it seems good to me.

bold lover

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I also get less bars than comparable devices.

I find the connection is still fast though. I suspect that SGN is more conservative when reporting wifi signal strength.

How is your guys performance even though you're seeing less bars?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No, people can delude themselves all they want, but the signal strength in the GN and NS are the resort of poor radios. I know because I have the NS and it can not keep a signal for anything.

bold lover

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No, people can delude themselves all they want, but the signal strength in the GN and NS are the resort of poor radios. I know because I have the NS and it can not keep a signal for anything.

Then how do you explain no dropped calls and fast performance in my case with only partial bars.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a setting to not have the Wi-Fi radio at full power?
I know some phones have that. On those, it's not at full power by default.
I know it seems odd, but I'm guessing it's a battery saving feature.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm missing a bar on my wifi and its like 4 ft away in the next room. Hopefully a software fix is coming soon. I'm hoping its not hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have low bars and no data is being transmitted, select "Advanced" while in the Wi-Fi menu and unselect "Avoid poor connection".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance