08-19-2013 11:27 AM
30 12
tools
    I have a micro sim card adaptor. It seems to work fine with my Nexus S. Maybe its different in the Galaxy Nexus. Guess I will find out.
    12-22-2011 07:03 PM
    not true. my local corp store scanned my imei number from my gnex, gave me a new sim and added me to the unlimted hspa+ data plan. I was presently on unlimted for iphone. I simply added the att us hspa apn

you should see billing code HSDPPB in OLAM

the only reason you see 3g instead of H in the status bar is because the gnex only uses hspa+ when actively pulling data. it took me a second to get the screen shot so it had switch hspa+ off by the time i snapped it. you will only see an H on the gnex not H+

Click to view quoted image
    agreed. i just gave them my imei # and they input me for the tiered 4g data plan. on a side not, you can confirm an hsdpa+ signal if you go into settings-about-status, and look under mobile data connection, when i'm in hspa+ coverage its either category 9 (san diego) or category 11(missoula, MT) yes i travel often between both areas lol. ...but neways ya, att's latest standard for 3g should only be category 6 or 7 (7.2mbps) and hspa+ is considered cat 9+.
    Also, i do notice it only stays in hspa+ mode when actively pulling data and idles in 3g mode, which i think is pretty awesome.
    12-23-2011 06:08 AM
    I have a micro sim card adaptor. It seems to work fine with my Nexus S. Maybe its different in the Galaxy Nexus. Guess I will find out.
    I moved my iphone4 SIM TO my GSM Galaxy Nexus using adapter and it is working perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 08:09 AM
    There is a good article on the verge that talks about the hspa+ issue on AT&T

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/17/2...at-to-do-about

Speeds using my iphone 4s sim r between 6 and 7 down and 2-3 up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-24-2011 08:56 AM
    I'm pretty sure H means what AT&T claims to be "4G" (aka HSPA+). 3G means the very similar HSPA standard. For some reason N4 says H instead of 4G. Maybe because it's not LTE?
    08-19-2013 11:27 AM
30 12