So... What's the likely month?

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
We all think that AT&T will eventually release this phone... Does anyone want to guess when they'll announce and then sell the GNex?

I'll go first. I say that AT&T will announce in January and ship in February.

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
We all think that AT&T will eventually release this phone... Does anyone want to guess when they'll announce and then sell the GNex?

I'll go first. I say that AT&T will announce in January and ship in February.

^ what he said. Unless they are trying to cook up an HSPA+/LTE version which may push it into the summer.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So I have been waiting for this phone since I entered the Android Eco-system from the iOS system. I currently own a Nexus S (CM9 alpha 11). I also have been looking at the history of the Nexus line and AT&T has NEVER gotten a Nexus officially. There has only been phones with AT&T bands that we get from Best Buy or overseas.

With that being said, Verizon being a company to Brand the GNexus this might change. I dont think there is going to be a special GNexus w/ LTE for AT&T (thats going to be the next one). So, I think we are looking at a Summer release as AT&T moves to LTE.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So I have been waiting for this phone since I entered the Android Eco-system from the iOS system. I currently own a Nexus S (CM9 alpha 11). I also have been looking at the history of the Nexus line and AT&T has NEVER gotten a Nexus officially. There has only been phones with AT&T bands that we get from Best Buy or overseas.

With that being said, Verizon being a company to Brand the GNexus this might change. I dont think there is going to be a special GNexus w/ LTE for AT&T (thats going to be the next one). So, I think we are looking at a Summer release as AT&T moves to LTE.

I don't know about a summer release. Even with LTE the GN will feel a bit dated specs-wise 6 months from now.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
^ what he said. Unless they are trying to cook up an HSPA+/LTE version which may push it into the summer.
I can't imagine anyone buying a non-LTE version as AT&T has 15 markets with LTE. I'd only buy the HSPA+/LTE version, so if there isn't one around the corner, I might as well buy the Verizon version.

If this is true, AT&T dropped the ball big time.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine anyone buying a non-LTE version as AT&T has 15 markets with LTE. I'd only buy the HSPA+/LTE version, so if there isn't one around the corner, I might as well buy the Verizon version.

If this is true, AT&T dropped the ball big time.

agreed. why have this phone w/o a truly supportive network?

i'm still with ATT but off contract, waiting for V's Nexus. well, maybe i'm not waiting to go anywhere with V's GNex holdup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma