Galaxy Nexus ICS - Alarm Clock bug

macleoda

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

OK, not a drama on the scale of the volume bug but am I the only person to be suffering a very annoying bug with the alarm function of the native ICS clock app?

In a nutshell, if I set an alarm and then - when it sounds - I do NOT push either the 'cancel' or 'snooze' virtual buttons on the screen, but instead I push any old random bit of screen, the buttons disappear, the alarm continues to sound, and NOTHING will shut it up except a full power off; not the volume control, not re-opening the clock app, not any other thing I have tried.

Don't know about you but when the alarm sounds at 0500 I'm not at my best, so it's not unusual my hand eye coordination is off and I push the wrong thing. This morning I woke everyone else up because I couldn't shut the damn thing up... almost went out of the window.

Any others with the same experience?

On a broader (related) topic, how is one supposed to report ICS bugs to Google?

Thanks

A

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the Galnexus, but I thought I had similar problem on other android phones. Have you tried swiping down the notification bar? The alarm clock app should be there to tap on. You can then dismiss/snooze from there.

mwangkc

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Similar but different problem with my Galaxy Nexus. I'm forced to enter my 4-digit Exchange password before I can snooze or delete the alarm--definitely not the way Froyo or Gingerbread worked...and a major pain when you are still half asleep.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The OPs problem happened to me this morning. Alarm went off and I started hitting things on the phone, various parts of the screen, volume up/down, sleep, etc. There was NO way to stop the alarm. I went into the Clock app and disabled the alarm time, but it still kept alarming.

Like the OP, the only way to stop the alarm was to full power down.

Unbelievable.

jrphilly

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You are not alone! While it is user error compounded by design error (if you miss "dismiss" - and it is very easy to miss especially when you are half-asleep no less - you have not choice but to power down the phone to turn the alarm clock off) you would think there would be an easy fix to this issue.

Anyone working on it?

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys swiping down the notification bar? I can always access it from there. My alarm goes off every morning and I've never seen this. I'm on the Verizon GNex but I don't think that makes a difference.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys swiping down the notification bar? I can always access it from there. My alarm goes off every morning and I've never seen this. I'm on the Verizon GNex but I don't think that makes a difference.

I didn't try that, but will try that next time. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Yep! Confirming that the notification bar on ics can be used to kill the alarm when all else fails.

sheldonblack

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Im having the same issue as the OP. The first time I powered phone off completly then realized u can use the notification drop down. Either way it's annoying that the dismiss and snooze dissapears with a touch of the screen leaving your alarm sounding for way to long.

cdonw17

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had exactly this same problem with my Nexus. Power off is the only solution I've found so far, but I will try the swipe.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
try Alarm Clock + . the app is very extensive for controlling the alarm clock and it works w/Beautiful widgets well.

ksuth

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Had this same issue this morning. Im on the Gnex from big red . Restarted the phone to get it to stop, but now when i hit the clock and try to set the alarm, that screen wont show up. Any suggestions?

bubblejoey

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep i had the same problem this morning. By the time i managed to stop the alarm i had showered and left the house. I will try the swipe down task bar in future and report back, however i still see this as a bug as you cannot go into the clock alarm and cancel it either?

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, yes, as I posted above - on the gnex swiping the notif bar gives you the control to stop the alarm.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, yes, as I posted above - on the gnex swiping the notif bar gives you the control to stop the alarm.

I haven't used the stock alarm. I am using alarm droid. Works great for me.

mynexus

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

OK, not a drama on the scale of the volume bug but am I the only person to be suffering a very annoying bug with the alarm function of the native ICS clock app?

In a nutshell, if I set an alarm and then - when it sounds - I do NOT push either the 'cancel' or 'snooze' virtual buttons on the screen, but instead I push any old random bit of screen, the buttons disappear, the alarm continues to sound, and NOTHING will shut it up except a full power off; not the volume control, not re-opening the clock app, not any other thing I have tried.

Don't know about you but when the alarm sounds at 0500 I'm not at my best, so it's not unusual my hand eye coordination is off and I push the wrong thing. This morning I woke everyone else up because I couldn't shut the damn thing up... almost went out of the window.

Any others with the same experience?

On a broader (related) topic, how is one supposed to report ICS bugs to Google?

Thanks

A
My Nexus seems to be opposite: it does not go off at the setting time if the phone is switched off. by the, it seems working fine if the phone is kept on.

Is there anyone had the same problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke