Its too quiet!

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah this could be a deal breaker for me too, i thought my fascinate was low, but this thing is crazy low, you can forget about hearing a text message coming through, or email.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus is supposed to be something to tinker with, not for us to fix. The volume is a huge fail for Samsung and Google.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

abrahamh7

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded off my GSM galaxy and wow! the volume+ paid is worth it. Yeah its a drag that it should come with great sound quality... but it doesnt so i paid for it and well worth it.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I used volume + free, and then I got the paid version.. def heard a difference with the paid version.. My girlfriend was in the kitchen and said "Did you get your phone to go louder?!" because she was making fun of my phone for being so low (she has an iphone).

What I would suggest is keep a song playing in the background with Volume+ and try "+1, +2, +3 etc until it sounds loud enough." I kept my volume at +8 to be safe, but +10 was better.

I really hated having to pay for something that should be working in the first place. Oh well, it was worth it.

Xian.I.Am

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Works a lot better with this app. Not sure why it was so quite to begin with. You can get the paid version for free on the developers website. Just look at the bottom of the app description in the market for the link.

jwsnj3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this is a software issue, where maybe a update could fix it. It needs to be a phone first.. i think ill hold off and wait im not in a rush to get it, ok thats a lie i really really want it but i need to hear it maybe an app well help, but that is kinda weak if something as simple as being able to hear a phone ring or a notification on a phone thats suppose to be a huge leap forward in android/google. but maybe its me

Last edited:

euchre1o

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Tried to download Volume+ for my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V but it say my phone is incompatible with the program. Guess i'll have to try something else.

newgirl8

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4. Love the phone but it is too quiet! I cannot hear the notifications - regardless of the tone or volume I choose. I contacted Samsung. They said it might be fixed - at some point. I asked if there was a way I could voice my concerns. They said I could contact Samsung voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST). Maybe if we all call it will be fixed sooner than later! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol