How do you transfer apps to the Galaxy Nexus?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just thought of a major problem that i might have unless someone can help me out here.

I do not want to transfer all my gmail stuff to the Galaxy Nexus (if i did i wouldnt have this question;) ) i just want to transfer my apps, a friend told me about App Backup & Restore https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup and i thought " oh this actually looks like it should work" and then it dawned on me, you need an SD Card for this and guess what, the GNex doesnt have an SD Card.

So if anyone has a solution to make this app work, or another app that can do the exact same thing (without a need of root) i would love to hear from you.

Thank you :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have an SD Card or USB Mass Storage (UMS) but it does have MTP. On Windows (which the majority of users use), it has built-in MTP support in Explorer that makes it look exactly like a disk. So instead of a disk drive showing up when plugged in.... the phone will show up as "device" which you can then transfer files back and forth to the phones built in 32G of internal storage for apps/media.

Never used that app before but that should work. You would need to transfer everything from the old phones sd card onto the Nexus internal storage.

Reactions: bold1193

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
got you, so instead of copying all the files on to the sd card and putting the sd card into a phone (like what should be done) i am going to copy them onto the sd card and then load the sd card onto my computer, and then drop the files onto the Galaxy Nexus?

thank you

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
you are the man/woman/borg? btw your pic creeps the hell out of me :p. But seriously, thank you so much. i figured someone would help me i never thought it would be a moderator! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech