How do you remove Picasa?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to copy a "no media" file from another folder and place it in your picasa folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do U remove Picasa

the same way you disable it in every android device: menu > settings > accounts > choose account > uncheck sync picasa web albums.

done.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Log into your picasa on a ****ing computer and delete them all, or save them somewhere else so you can whack off later.

Why are you being so ****ing stupid about this?:mad:

Why are YOU being a jerk about this? We are a community arent we? Help him out. I am glad this was asked as I was unsure about this as well. Jesus.

tritium

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I encountered this problem (not related to pictures of an ex, just accidentally synced picasa albums when I didn't want to.)

I had to remove the google account (Settings, accounts & sync, click the account with synced albums, three-dot menu in the upper right hand corner, remove account)
Check in gallery, the picasaweb albums will be gone.

Then you can re-add the account but this time don't check the "sync google photos" box when you add it.

I believe this is an ICS bug.

tritium

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Aand... One day later, my picasa albums are showing up in Gallery again even though Google Photo syncing has been disabled the entire time. Sigh.

jeepzilla

May 10, 2010
Visit site

?Go to Apps and click on Google+
?Click on uninstall updates.
?Go to Accounts and Sync and check if Sync Google Photos is ticked or even present. Make sure it isn't.
(If you're using google+ continue reading)
?Go to the Google+ app
?Log in but make sure you do not choose Instant Upload
?After logging into the app, go to setting and double check if the Instant Upload setting aren't ticked. Then go the Account and Sync and check there as well if Sync Google Photos isn't ticked.
?Go to Gallery to confirm the Picasa albums are gone.

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I had to look up this problem earlier. Go to apps, Google+, clear app data. Then go to Galery, click the menu button, and click refresh. It should work, at least it did for me.

phebex

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
TRY THIS!!!
Settings>Accounts and Sync

Tap Activate auto-sync
Tap your Google Account
then uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums
back Tap Activate auto-sync for uncheck.
DONE

NOTE : After you do this method, Never tap Sync Picasa Web Albums forever :D

with this method you never lose your photos on picasa web.

jennyfur

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

?Go to Apps and click on Google+
?Click on uninstall updates.
?Go to Accounts and Sync and check if Sync Google Photos is ticked or even present. Make sure it isn't.
(If you're using google+ continue reading)
?Go to the Google+ app
?Log in but make sure you do not choose Instant Upload
?After logging into the app, go to setting and double check if the Instant Upload setting aren't ticked. Then go the Account and Sync and check there as well if Sync Google Photos isn't ticked.
?Go to Gallery to confirm the Picasa albums are gone.
This has been driving me absolutely crazy for the past week I've had this phone. Been searching all over for an answer. So far, the above instructions have been the closest to a solution for me, but the pictures always come back within a few minutes. :(