Galaxy Nexus Tomorrow!

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, as the title would suggest, I am getting myself a Galaxy Nexus tomorrow. Just wanting people to let me know their dislikes about the phone. I doubt anyone is going to have a horrible dislike that will make me not want this phone, but I can't rule it out. I have watched probably every video review and read everything about this phone. I probably know everything about it but would still like some input about this device.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's great. My two main problems are the lock timeout and the keyboard lag in landscape. Other than that I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check out the bugtracker thread. It contains pretty much every possible dislikes... :D

What I dislike about this phone so far:
1. Too many people tries to talk about any possible flaws of this phone (feels just like "I hate your toy. My toy is bigger than yours." style childish fight.) While it is understandable, it sometimes annoys me.
2. Not every app is upgraded to accomodate ICS. I find that many complaints about apps not properly working actually derives from the problem of the apps not yet upgraded to accomodate ICS!!!
3. No "real" extended battery. 2100mAh battery should have been equipped as the standard battery.
4. What else? Umm, no. That's about it..... :cool:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The speaker volume is pathetic. That is my only complaint really. I missed quite a few calls and texts because the volume at max is not sufficient. I had to return mine because of constant rebooting but other than those 2 issues it's a great phone.

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
it uses alot of data so unless you have unlimited then youre gonna constantly be checking data usage and/or leaving it on 3G. i've had mine less than 3 days and i'm almost at 600mb. gmusic, market and youtube are at the top of the list of data hogs. i had to download all my apps so thats the reason for market being up there. listened to maybe 4 songs and watched less than 5 mins of youtube stuff. frustrating.

Ulver982

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I thought I used a lot of data. I started my new month 10 days ago and used around 700mb of data.

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure Bell doesn't offer unlimited data in Canada anymore, the best I can do is get an extra 2gb on my plan. Occasionally browsing the internet, and downloading apps shouldn't go over that, right? I guess it could depend on what apps I have and how much data they use. I will honestly probably always be on 3/. On my BB torch right now, 3g is definitely sufficient enough. Volume definitely will not be a problem because I am almost always on vibrate.

Also, does the GN get dust/dirt under/in the screen. If you know what I mean. Lately my BB Torch has been really accumulating lots of it and it is really annoying.

Last edited:

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, as the title would suggest, I am getting myself a Galaxy Nexus tomorrow. Just wanting people to let me know their dislikes about the phone. I doubt anyone is going to have a horrible dislike that will make me not want this phone, but I can't rule it out. I have watched probably every video review and read everything about this phone. I probably know everything about it but would still like some input about this device.

My only complaint is the speaker. I'm not going to install volume+ ... doesn't bother me that badly. I'll wait for a possible fix from Google. Otherwise I love this phone

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
So I got it today, and absolutely love it!! Main question I have though - Which apps can I disable without affecting anything? I also have a 5gb plan, what apps use the most data so I can stay away from them as much as possible?

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Just call Verizon and make sure you add on the unlimited mobile hotspot feature and it will change your data to unlimited. If they say they can't do it then say ok hang up and call again and try again with a different representative. Then what's it'd added just take it off after a day or two online. It should. Be 30 dollars a month. But netflix.. YouTube hd, pandora, and streaming. Google music is my highest user along with the browser

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just the battery for me. Data's not a problem, been grandfathered into the unlimited plan for 2 years (I guess I should be thankful for my old Curve, eh?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams