android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I waited so long for this phone and hoped that it would satisfy my needs

Well, it is one of the top SUPER-phones today

It is really amazing and technically better than any other phone in the market

HOWEVER

I charged it THREE times today and it asks me to connect the charger now

I bought a pure google phone yet I am still on 4.0.1 while nexus s the phone of last year has 4.0.3, come on google ????? wf

The screen is really really big. I mean very huge. It is hard to use the phone with one hand especially if your hands are small

My headphones never worked properly with the phone even the ones that came with the phone still has some issues

The apps are really far far worse than the ones on the app store honestly speaking

I really HATE the people app

I do not use and if someone know how to disable it, please tell

The community of android fans are really super smart and they never help ya not like iphone users who really enjoy helping each other with EASY TO UNDERSTAND steps

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I waited so long for this phone and hoped that it would satisfy my needs

Well, it is one of the top SUPER-phones today

It is really amazing and technically better than any other phone in the market

HOWEVER

I charged it THREE times today and it asks me to connect the charger now

I bought a pure google phone yet I am still on 4.0.1 while nexus s the phone of last year has 4.0.3, come on google ????? wf

The screen is really really big. I mean very huge. It is hard to use the phone with one hand especially if your hands are small

My headphones never worked properly with the phone even the ones that came with the phone still has some issues

The apps are really far far worse than the ones on the app store honestly speaking

I really HATE the people app

I do not use and if someone know how to disable it, please tell

The community of android fans are really super smart and they never help ya not like iphone users who really enjoy helping each other with EASY TO UNDERSTAND steps

Nevermind. You're making a comparison to the iPhone.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience. Do your headphones cut out or just not work at all? Not sure why your battery is draining so fast. I use a data toggle widget to shut off 3g and 4g when I am not using it. This really seems to help my battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience. Do your headphones cut out or just not work at all? Not sure why your battery is draining so fast. I use a data toggle widget to shut off 3g and 4g when I am not using it. This really seems to help my battery life

usually after i use the headphones, the music app never stops unless i shut off the phone

thanks

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure your GPS, Bluetooth and wifi are off when not being used. There is a widget called "power control" that was included with the phone that allows you toggle them on and off.
a6f9632d-ff9f-8fe2.jpg
It is the widget at the top of my screen shown here. Very handy

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well everyone has their own opinions. Maybe the gnex isn't for u. My battery life is great. Make sure that u don't have 4g on all if the time. That will really kill the battery. I always keep mine either on wifi or on cdma only. I don't get 4g in my area anyway. Also make sure u don't have accounts syncing very often, this will also kill the battery. If u go to settings then into accounts, u can select the stuff u want to sync. Also, don't keep ur brightness all the way up. Keep it at at least 50-60%. These tips should make your battery last longer. Hope I helped.

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Every time I have sold my Nexi in the past I have almost instantly regretted it. I will be keeping my GN until the next Nexus. But if you aren't happy then get what will please you. Bottom line is you have to enjoy what you use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

chmarny

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that neither the GNex not ICS are perfect. But, other than the camera (too low rez) I think everything else is addressable by software upgrades. Give it a few more weeks I say.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I went from 100% batt to 63% batt in just over 3 hrs and that was with 3G (CDMA only) turned on. Also the only 2 apps I had on the phone were Facebook and twitter.

I am returning mine and will likely get a razr. I don't root or anything anyway so that part doesn't bother me.

Dcronin05

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This might be entirely in my head but I remember thinking that the battery life was horrible when I first got my GN but it seems to have improved considerably. Almost as if the battery life improves after a few full charges and discharges. I will say that the standby time of all android phones I've had beside the OG droid have been horrible. Of course I run many widgets and always set my sync rates very high. But my point is that you may just need to "break it in" a little more.

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure your GPS, Bluetooth and wifi are off when not being used. There is a widget called "power control" that was included with the phone that allows you toggle them on and off. Click to view quoted image
It is the widget at the top of my screen shown here. Very handy

Yeah I always have them all turned off except syncing one day of my gmail account and the brightness set as auto

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well everyone has their own opinions. Maybe the gnex isn't for u. My battery life is great. Make sure that u don't have 4g on all if the time. That will really kill the battery. I always keep mine either on wifi or on cdma only. I don't get 4g in my area anyway. Also make sure u don't have accounts syncing very often, this will also kill the battery. If u go to settings then into accounts, u can select the stuff u want to sync. Also, don't keep ur brightness all the way up. Keep it at at least 50-60%. These tips should make your battery last longer. Hope I helped.

mine is gsm. No 4g for me :'(

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Every time I have sold my Nexi in the past I have almost instantly regretted it. I will be keeping my GN until the next Nexus. But if you aren't happy then get what will please you. Bottom line is you have to enjoy what you use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thank you