Gmail Issue on Nexus...

xMassacrex

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello guys,

This issue I've been having is rather strange to me. I have my Gmail account synced to my GNexus like I'm sure the rest of you do. But I have something rather peculiar happen when I receive emails on the device. For some reason i dont get a notification whenever they come in, rather, I don't ALWAYS get notified. Sometimes I do... but then other times my phone does absolutely nothing to inform me of a message.

The second, and by far most frustrating issue is involving read/unread messages. I can't seem to understand it, but multiple times a day, I'll check my email and I'll have multiple emails sitting there, that are grayed out as though I have read them, when I've done no such thing. It's mind boggling and infuriating. I do have my Gmail account synced with multiple devices. But the issue is that all of those are MY personal devices and aren't used by others. So for an email to be displayed as read... I would have had to read it. And I know for sure I haven't.

Hopefully someone has an explanation for this, because my email is something I use for my job on a regular basis. Having a native client, that is a product of one of the companies involved in the production of my device, not able to coexist and provide the type of experience that I receive on a competitors product is ridiculous!

Hopefully this is just a mistake on my part, and something I can easily fix.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I use "Light Flow" for notifications so can't be sure but I'm guessing it will not give you new notifications if you haven't cleared the previous one (or perhaps read the emails). I'd use "light flow" and it will also give you reminders (for many apps)...

You don't have a gmail filter marking messages as read (like I do for some of mine lesser important messages)? Maybe another installed app that looks at emails.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I would check Gmail login history to see if someone hacked into the account and read the emails. The IP address log history is in Gmail settings in the desktop browser.

xMassacrex

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
To respond to both of you guys in order, starting with dbareis, I also use light flow. It's a fantastic app. And i have it set to glow a shade of green to indicate whenever i have an email in my phone. The thing that makes this even more perplexing is that even THAT app doesnt notify me whenever I have a new email. So something is clearly wrong. I went back into my gmail settings and verified that everything was properly setup, and there shouldnt be anything there limiting my notification of an email. And i know gmail is working properly because i get emails on my iPad with no issues! I'll be sitting here with an iPad on my lap, and the Nexus in my hand, and the apple device will go off before the google one does. IF the Nexus ever notifies me that I even have one.

as for Blitzdroid, thank you for the idea, although I have checked, and theres no unusual activity.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
as for Blitzdroid, thank you for the idea, although I have checked, and theres no unusual activity.

Maybe an app you have installed is doing the reading, I'd suspect anything that tries to give you a message count.

Maybe use "catlog" and record to disk and see if you can find anything in the log.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry don't know as I haven't had your issue but it if it were my problem I'd send myself an email and note the time after starting recording.

At that stage its "unread", keep checking, when it becomes "read" stop recording, send to PC and open in text editor.

I'd start by looking for "email" and "gmail" then look through line by line, there will be a lot so the shorter the capture period the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12