Galaxy Nexus issues

PamposX

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a GN yesterday and i have some minor(?) issues with it at the moment.

First, its a great smartphone but i noticed some bugs in my device.

1. When i press on the DATA USAGE in settings, the app freezes and is says that is not responding. This happens most of the times, but some times it load normally. What do you think its the problem?

2. When i try to import the contacts from my SIM Card, it shows me the contacts on the SIM and when i press on individual contacts, it add them to the phone contacts. But i noticed that some times there is an icon over the top that when i press it, it says that it can import ALL the contacts at once. The first time this icon was there, but when i reset the phone and tried to import again all the SIM contacts, the icon is not there. Why is that?

3. I make a contact to act as a favorate and it went good. But later, when i tried to favorate some other contacts, the device would not make them favorate, and it wouldnt unfavorate the contact that i set to be favorate at first. After the reset although, the problem was gone.

Im running IC 4.0.1. I took the device on the shop i bought it, and they said that they would update the software for me. Do you believe it will fix the problems? Are these well known bugs that im experiencing?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
1. When i press on the DATA USAGE in settings, the app freezes and is says that is not responding. This happens most of the times, but some times it load normally. What do you think its the problem?

From what I've seen it is a bit buggy when its seen little or no 3G data (not only to begin with but when rolling over billing periods).

Kaoxt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering on everyone elses Galaxy Nexus, is your sides on the screen sticking out a bit, in terms of their a tad higher then the screen (slight bump)? I returned my first Galaxy Nexus and I could've swore the Screen was completely "rounded" and was very smooth going from screen to the plastic portion of the back/sides on my first one.

Worried on this phone that the screen seems to be pushed in too much.

Using GSM version.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering on everyone elses Galaxy Nexus, is your sides on the screen sticking out a bit, in terms of their a tad higher then the screen (slight bump)? I returned my first Galaxy Nexus and I could've swore the Screen was completely "rounded" and was very smooth going from screen to the plastic portion of the back/sides on my first one.

Worried on this phone that the screen seems to be pushed in too much.

Using GSM version.

screen is good. Don't worry. :)

Sent using text to speech Galaxy Nexus.

Kaoxt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
screen is good. Don't worry. :)

Sent using text to speech Galaxy Nexus.

Thing is though the one side (right near the power button) seems to feel "thinner" a bit sharp compared to the left side as well.

Probably just putting too much into this. :p

eaknet

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, my GN glass feels the same, ever so slight more 'ridge' on the right than the left. I don't think it's an issue. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kaoxt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, my GN glass feels the same, ever so slight more 'ridge' on the right than the left. I don't think it's an issue. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I was going to overlook it as well, until I started running finger down the side of it, and felt almost like a chipped part of the plastic that is off. Can notice it really well if I run fingernail on the side side between glass and plastic. Annoying me, even though I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. =\

eaknet

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My construction is tight enough I can't feel the ridge, nor can I get a fingernail between the plastic and glass. Maybe your handset is coming apart? It would suck if that were the case.

GN using TapaTalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20