Ipad ATT sim in a gsm galaxy nexus?

hamlet423#AC

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok

I got on the daily steals website and ordered a gsm Galaxy Nexus. Its the european version so it apparently has the frequencies for both european and US 3g for both att and t mobile.

Now, how do I use the phone! I would need to get a sim from either tmobile or att--does anyone have any opinons on the best and cheapest way to get a sim card?

I would be fine with just data access only, and use skype to call or something.

Then I remembered--I do have an ipad 3g with one of those rare unlimited data plans, has the micro sim

I could take out that sim and with a microsim adapter put it into the nexus right?

then what ? Call att and switch data plan? or say nothing?

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the microSIM is tagged to a cell number. Try it and see what happens! I wouldn't call AT&T unless u have issues with the data coverage.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I had to go to the att store. They switched the sim for free. I previously ordered the micro sim adapter and when I tried to put it and the micro sim in my phone it got stuck and I almost broke my nexus trying to get it out. Its safer to go by Att and get it switched

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
also btw once I switched phones Att disabled my data because they couldnt recognize my phone. I had to call them and activate my data again.