Trade 4S for a Galaxy Nexus?

amicone1987

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for about 4 years now I have owned an iPhone from 3G to recent 4s, I love the iPod feature on the phone and love jailbreaking it. Now I actually work for sprint and we recently announced the galaxy nexus on sprint. I have been trained on the android phones and they seem interesting, I won a galaxy s 2 at work and sold it to my tech because I upgraded to the iPhone 4s. Frankly I'm not a fan of what apple has done from the 4 to the 4s, it's very minimum. I was thinking about trading for 4s for a galaxy nexus. What do you think? Take a year off and try out an android?

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need some opinions

My advice for you is to learn Android ICS before you buy the GNex. If you are still wanting it after knowing how to use it, then you'll be set.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Android is better. It has more features and is a more open platform. It isn't as simplified as iOS, though. Since you work for Sprint, I'd assume that you're more hip on how to use a smartphone than the average end-user, since you're trained on them and such. In that case, go with the Nexus.

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I was an iPhone user since the beginning of the iPhone. When apple announced the 4s, I was very disappointed in the minimal "upgrade" from my 4. Long story short, I've now had the GNex (GSM on AT&T) for a month and have never looked back. I love the GNex and ICS.

jimbob4321

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok, for about 4 years now I have owned an iPhone from 3G to recent 4s, I love the iPod feature on the phone and love jailbreaking it. Now I actually work for sprint and we recently announced the galaxy nexus on sprint. I have been trained on the android phones and they seem interesting, I won a galaxy s 2 at work and sold it to my tech because I upgraded to the iPhone 4s. Frankly I'm not a fan of what apple has done from the 4 to the 4s, it's very minimum. I was thinking about trading for 4s for a galaxy nexus. What do you think? Take a year off and try out an android?

i would definitely recommend Android over 4s. You seem to be a techie, at least, from what you have mentioned.

That being said, you will definitely get a biased opinion in favour of Android over the 4s for a variety of reasons, but the primary being, you are on an Android Forum:)

I have personally played around with the iPhone 4, 4s and now own the galaxy nexus. Just get the Nexus and you will not be disappointed. The screen is gorgeous and much better than anything i have seen on Apple .... hope this helps

Do keep us updated ..

cheers and good luck

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I went from i4 to Gnex and love it. Only thing I miss is the battery life and my unlimited data plan with AT&T

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't have another iOS device like my iPad, I'd have to get the 4S. Yes, there's more to do with the OS on Android, but are you wanting to do more with the OS or with the apps? The apps on Android are still largely junk compared to the quality you'll find on iOS.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yup, a lot of biased answers in favor of Android.

Sooo true haha. I went from the 4 to the galaxy nexus. There are some thing I like and some things I miss on iOS. Its all preference honestly. I think you should play with both and be open minded. IMO Iphones are best on At&t

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm calling it like I see it.
Sooo true haha. I went from the 4 to the galaxy nexus. There are some thing I like and some things I miss on iOS. Its all preference honestly. I think you should play with both and be open minded. IMO Iphones are best on At&t

Exactly, both OS offer something unique, which is why he should play around with each one first.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
since you work for sprint, shouldn't you know the answer to this question?
I'm assuming a lot of ppl will walk into the sprint store and ask iPhone or android?

Anyways, asking in this forum means that you should get the nexus. It is also beneficial to you since you can tell customers that you have used both. No amount of training can teach you until you use it for a few months.

amicone1987

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
since you work for sprint, shouldn't you know the answer to this question?
I'm assuming a lot of ppl will walk into the sprint store and ask iPhone or android?

Anyways, asking in this forum means that you should get the nexus. It is also beneficial to you since you can tell customers that you have used both. No amount of training can teach you until you use it for a few months.

Well we dont have the GN yet so I dont know a lot on 4.0 and the build of the Nexus, I usually get information before the consumer on release dates but we havent heard of a release date, I have an Ipad 2 so i'm waiting for a Jailbreak for the Ipad 2

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well we dont have the GN yet so I dont know a lot on 4.0 and the build of the Nexus, I usually get information before the consumer on release dates but we havent heard of a release date, I have an Ipad 2 so i'm waiting for a Jailbreak for the Ipad 2
If you've got an iPad already, you might seriously consider getting a GN just because it'll give you some variety. I've got an iPad and I'm pretty happy with the GN. That said, it's mostly because of the insane 4G speeds. :) I'm a gadget lover, so it makes sense, right now at least, for me to have one of each device. The problem is, the GN, as a music player, is kind of junk, so I am looking at getting an iPod touch to fill the gap (media playback is not one of android's strong suits, if you ask me). If I had to have just one device, I think it would be the iPhone.

Fortunately, I don't so I can have both. :)

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I would get a GN but Samsung has not learned their lesson the first time with the S having so many problems. I don't know about you guys but I am not going to make excuses for them.

amicone1987

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I had windows computers for all my life until 18 then had macs for 6 years, I got a new windows laptop and like it, I want to branch off the same way to an android, Iphone doesnt do it for me this year

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If I could find a GSM GN user to trade for my 4s, I would. My only concern is since it's not a ATT or Tmobile device, what happens if I end up with a phone that would turn out to be one of those where someone says, "take it back". Is that an option through expansys?

justinnowak

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using both, but I generally gravitate towards the Nexus. I just love the screen and where I work I can actually make and receive calls reliably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool