When is this phone getting a US release?!!!

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Who knows, but I am waiting as well. I refuse to buy overseas and pay a lot of money, hopefully we will see a release late feb early march rumor is that Verizon exclusive only last for 60 days so...

Ulver982

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll be paying more in the long run if you buy on contract. Save yourself some money and buy full price. Even jump on the $30 dollar monthly 4g plan with 5gb data to save more $$

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I finally broke down and bought one. I found a really good price on Amazon, It came the other day and I really love it. I would but I'm grandfathered into a bunch of really good stuff: Unlimited data for 25, free tethering and hotspot, I still have my myfavs.

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
You'll be paying more in the long run if you buy on contract. Save yourself some money and buy full price. Even jump on the $30 dollar monthly 4g plan with 5gb data to save more $$

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Naw I don't pay my phone bill..

And I was planning to buy unlock anyway, I just rather buy it at a place like best buy so I can get their black tie warranty along with samsung 1 year warranty that comes with the phone..I am thinking about buying overseas tho I am just scared I will get a yakjuxw build instead of yakju..

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

And I was planning to buy unlock anyway, I just rather buy it at a place like best buy so I can get their black tie warranty along with samsung 1 year warranty that comes with the phone..I am thinking about buying overseas tho I am just scared I will get a yakjuxw build instead of yakju..

A warranty would be nice, I do wish I had one on this phone. If you're afraid of getting yakjuxw, there is a way to check when/if you get one from overseas. the one I bought is yakju, but from what I understand it's easy enough to flash yakju on to your device.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
We won't be seeing a US release any time soon if I had to guess. We've yet to hear even a whisper of AT&T or T-Mobile taking this seriously. You're best to just import it now as prices are getting quite low (under $600 at this point).

True you won't have a full out warranty, but I'd recommend selecting your importer carefully. If you choose to go with a reputable importer they'll help facilitate warranty exchanges with Samsung Europe.

3rd parties like Squaretrade will also give insurance to the unlocked model if you want accident insurance.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I am running a unlocked GSM GN on AT&T: The flashing of the firmware was very easy (even for a novice like me) you need to download the USB drivers and the yakju firmware (XDA has all of the information you need) took all of 5 minutes for the whole process. After flashing the firmware within seconds I received a notification to update to 4.0.2, and all is good!
Paid $605 shipped from an Amazon reseller, with a 30 day return policy.

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got it sitting in an otter box-like case, if I break it through it then I deserve to pay full price to replace it. I absolutely love the phone, I wish T-mobile had taken this serious.