Change browser search engine

KallistiMan

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new to Android and my GNex so this might be an oversight by me. I can't find a way to change the browser and home page search engine to a search engine of my choice. Is there a way to do that, with or without rooting?

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
On the stock browser you want to change the default search engine when searching from the address bar and you want to change the homepage?

KallistiMan

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I want to change the search engine used when searching from the address bar, and, well, when not searching from the address bar. Right now anything I type in the address bar is sent to the search engine and I want to control that. That includes the quick search bar on the home page.

KallistiMan

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
@martonikaj: You can do that on the stock browser as well, but only Google, Yahoo! or bing. I'm looking for a way to set it to anything, like ddg.gg, wikipedia, my favorite recepie site etc.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
@martonikaj: You can do that on the stock browser as well, but only Google, Yahoo! or bing. I'm looking for a way to set it to anything, like ddg.gg, wikipedia, my favorite recepie site etc.

you could always just bookmark + make your favorite one your homepage. Other than that you're gonna be kinda restricted on the mobile browser right now.

roro808

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth, I use the stock browser and set my homepage to bgoog.com, google's battery saving homepage. It's their regular white homepage, but in black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy