This over the SG2?

aaguirrejr

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So my SG2 got stolen and I need to get another, but do I get this over the SG2 now?

I don't care much for the camera as I hardly ever use it, so that's a point towards the GN. I also like that the GN has a notification light.

I don't however like that the GN doesn't have Gorilla Glass and not sure if the GN's performance is better only because it has ICS. Will the SG2 perform better once ICS is here?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So my SG2 got stolen and I need to get another, but do I get this over the SG2 now?

I don't care much for the camera as I hardly ever use it, so that's a point towards the GN. I also like that the GN has a notification light.

I don't however like that the GN doesn't have Gorilla Glass and not sure if the GN's performance is better only because it has ICS. Will the SG2 perform better once ICS is here?

It has "fortified glass"--whatever that means. If you have an SG2 you're not on Verizon, right? So you're either on Sprint (I think?) or ATT, which means for Sprint you'd have to wait and with ATT you'd have to switch to either VZW or Sprint. Just food for thought . . .

FWIW, I think the GN looks better, has potential to stay relevant over the course of the next year, and has a certain panache about it. SG2 is obviously a phenomenal phone, but different strokes.

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
basically there are 3 varients of SGS2.
first version came out in 3G version with exynos CPU, this phone performs as good as GNex. (its resolution is smaller than GNex, thus it should be faster)

later versions came in 4G with same display as first version and HD version (same as GNex but its not released in US yet). it equipped with overclocked Snapdragon..
I cant say this phone is better than GNex..

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It has "fortified glass"--whatever that means. If you have an SG2 you're not on Verizon, right? So you're either on Sprint (I think?) or ATT, which means for Sprint you'd have to wait and with ATT you'd have to switch to either VZW or Sprint. Just food for thought . . .

FWIW, I think the GN looks better, has potential to stay relevant over the course of the next year, and has a certain panache about it. SG2 is obviously a phenomenal phone, but different strokes.

Incorrect! VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile customers do not need to switch. The GSM Nexus comes unlocked with both AT&T and T-Mobile bands.

Gehan99

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

I think this pretty much sums it up. The Nexus IMO is much easier on the eye, with that display and also the button-less front, plus that gentle curved design. Add to that ICS and no TouchWiz (death to TouchWiz!) and at least 'aesthetically' I'm very happy I chose the Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar