Quicksms from lockscreen

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently use handcent for replying to SMS from the lock screen or in other apps, is there anything that allows you to send messages without going into the messaging app?like iRealSMS for iPhone. I'm rooted and running newest AOKP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I currently use handcent for replying to SMS from the lock screen or in other apps, is there anything that allows you to send messages without going into the messaging app?like iRealSMS for iPhone. I'm rooted and running newest AOKP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

With the app Handcent you can activate a pop up notification for SMS, which you can type into for replies without opening the app itself. If you don't like Handcent, GO SMS and Chomp have similar features.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have that setup now, I'm looking for something I can launch via the lock screen without unlocking the phone to send a message without first receiving one.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have that setup now, I'm looking for something I can launch via the lock screen without unlocking the phone to send a message without first receiving one.

Only other thing I can think of is to get WidgetLocker and put an SMS widget on your lockscreen. Personally, I take advantage of the notification pull down being accessible in the lockscreen and get to new text messages from there.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn I was really hoping for something you could launch from anywhere like a popup, guess it's time to get the Android sdk and dev my own

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Damn I was really hoping for something you could launch from anywhere like a popup, guess it's time to get the Android sdk and dev my own

If you get something going feel free to post it here :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

It sounds like you need to get rid of the lock screen

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22