Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-19250 (unlocked)

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
As of March 2, 2012, MLB1949 is the proud owner of the latest Nexus: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (model number GT-19250), unlocked-no carrier, in white! I will be looking to ROOT and test custom ROMs as they become available!

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the GT-19250, in white,
GSM
Unlocked
Can use with any SIM card.

Can you direct me to forum/files to ROOT
and for Custom ROM mods?

Thanks...

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to the ROMs and Hacks forum here and look around. Problem being that most here on AC are for the VZW version (not a big GSM community here). You might want to see XDA's specific GSM forum. The roms are not interchangeable. You don't want to flash one meant for the LTE / VZW / i515 model.

Rooting is simple. Can be done with a few command lines.

Reactions: MLB1949

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I still haven't rooted my phone...can't find the files to download for rooting my model (Nexus Prime GT-19250). Rooted my HTC Sensation 4G the first day I had it...

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
IF you have the time...how do I find, where would I go, for the necessary complete info/files/ procedures, etc., to actually "root" my GSM "Nexus Prime GT-19250"? I've had no luck, thus far.

Thanks...

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
IF you have the time...how do I find, where would I go, for the necessary complete info/files/ procedures, etc., to actually "root" my GSM "Nexus Prime GT-19250"? I've had no luck, thus far.

Thanks...

Check out this thread [GNex TOOLKIT V5.4] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

I am on a mac so I won't be able to help you if you are on windows and need to unlock the boot loader and root. I'll be able to help with flashing ROMs since that's basically all I've learned to do so far.

Reactions: MLB1949

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
SUCCESS!

Thank you!

Instead of five minutes, it took me five hours (installing all the drivers was difficult on my Windows XP-Pro PC for the GT-19250), but ... a pack of Kools and two pots of coffee later ... my Prime is rooted!!

MANY THANKS TO YOU for the path to downloading Mark's "ToolKit"!

I truly appreciate your help.

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
SUCCESS!

Thank you!

Instead of five minutes, it took me five hours (installing all the drivers was difficult on my Windows XP-Pro PC for the GT-19250), but ... a pack of Kools and two pots of coffee later ... my Prime is rooted!!

MANY THANKS TO YOU for the path to downloading Mark's "ToolKit"!

I truly appreciate your help.

You're welcome. Just like I linked you, someone linked me. That's what forums are for :p. I'm still trying to figure out the details about flashing kernels and radios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
SUBJECT: “Black Ice" ROM mod for the rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime GT-19250

March 7th
UPDATE: On my (unlocked and rooted) Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime GSM cellphone (Model No. GT-19250), I flashed ... and have been running ... THEMER’s ROM mod known as: “Black Ice" (build 27.27).

Three days, now, and I love it...NO problems! It runs and looks GREAT!

So, FYI, I am posting the following information; the first is the webpage to aquaint oneself with THEMER and his work.

For Developer THEMER’s “Black Ice" ROM mod (three files are required, with the third file flashed after you reboot), go here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18297-black-ice-magurokangorade27272-29-leap-day/

These three required files are named
BlackICE_magurokangorade27.27
BlackICE_gapps-STOCK-02222012-signed
BlackICE_gapps-02222012-signed

THEMER’s installation instructions are as follows (I followed them exactly and have had NO problems with this ROM mod!):

[ “ I will always recommend a data wipe and very important make a nandroid always!! If you choose not to use my Gapps or follow instructions then you will need to ask yourself why isn't this or that working right!

1. Make sure your using latest cwm
2. These must be followed exactly;download all 3 and place on phone.
3. I recommend wiping data/factory reset (especially if on another rom)
4. Flash Rom
5. Flash Black_ICE_stock-Gapps zip
6. Reboot go thru setup sign in to google account!
7. Get thru setup. (If you wanna let market restore your apps wait but try not to open market LOL)
7a. If you opened market before rebooting go into settings>apps>all apps and uninstall market updates!
8. Reboot back into cwr and flash Black_ICE-gapps.zip " ]

OK. As you will read on THEMER's page, after the required Data Wipe/Factory Reset,
(A) You will flash the ROM: BlackICE_magurokangorade27.27
(B) And then flash: BlackICE_gapps-STOCK-02222012-signed
(C) and then reboot and sign into your Google account.
(D) Finally, flash the third and final required file: BlackICE_gapps-02222012-signed

(E) Lastly, do a power-off or reboot, and you’re in business!

Many thanks to THEMER for his fine work!!

Once again, here’s his ROM mod info page:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18297-black-ice-magurokangorade27272-29-leap-day/

Phazenine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
442cbfee-3fa4-cef1.jpg

;)

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus

hinal

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
my galaxy nexus 19250 gsm has lost all features like slide unlock,face unlock also the power button 1 nce pressed swiches off the mobile rather than asking for silent ,airoplane mode and switch off option.i got this problem after wen my cell was not starting at that time i gave it to a cell phone repairer.the cell is working bt i have no features at all of nexus....
I guess he has installed some old version

Plz help its urgent

Last edited: