Gnex updates

icashinout

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay question I thought these phones were suppose to get updates first so why is my phone still in 4.0.2 and yet I see these new phones HTC one series releasing with builds 4.0.3 and that's in April 5th so something's not right

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mattbourge

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I also find this very disappointing that we own Google's CURRENT nexus device and haven't seen an update since December while some people are having signal problems. I hope we get 4.0.5. soon like I keep hearing. Google better get their crap together and Verizon can GTFO of their way. Its so annoying.

reg1233

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay question I thought these phones were suppose to get updates first so why is my phone still in 4.0.2 and yet I see these new phones HTC one series releasing with builds 4.0.3 and that's in April 5th so something's not right

You can't compare the version numbers from different phones other than it being on at least 4.0. Every time a phone manufacturer sends out an update to fix something with that particular phone, the version number will advance. It's not neccessarily an update from Google.

Fnord

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm with telus in Canada :eek:

The Gnex from TELUS, along with Gnex variants from many other carreirs, don't update from Google - the updates are pushed by Samsung.

Unless you flash the yakju rom (aka Google's direct version), you will have to wait for Samsung to release the update.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't compare the version numbers from different phones other than it being on at least 4.0. Every time a phone manufacturer sends out an update to fix something with that particular phone, the version number will advance. It's not neccessarily an update from Google.

ummmmm what? 4.0.x is thge android version not the phone firmware.....

reg1233

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
ummmmm what? 4.0.x is thge android version not the phone firmware.....

Exactly, but an update with 4.0.3 on an HTC phone & one with 4.0.4 on a Motorola phone doesn't mean that the HTC phone is an update behind from Google. I've been dealing with these since the original HTC G1. 4.0.3 on the HTC phone may have included some enhancements to it's camera. 4.0.4 on the Motorola may have updated and also included some radio changes. Same thing for tablets. Every type of phone is not going to have the exact version number.