Screen a lot better after 4.0.4

nipcarlover

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So, I updated my G-Nex to 4.0.4 with the help of Alex's article (for those who haven't seen it yet, http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-gsm-galaxy-nexus-android-404)

Now, the screen seems a lot more white compared to the previous slightly yellowish screen.
Also, the Phone app has slightly changed. 4.0.4 does feel a bit smoother compared to 4.0.2. :)

Update: Facing big problems with signal drops after this update.. :(
Every time I turn off the screen, within a few minutes, the signal drops.
When I turn on the screen again, it returns the signal within 20-30 seconds..

Last edited:

ddpacino

May 13, 2010
Visit site

crookone10

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a better appearance on white colors but I've also noticed that notifications and the theme that's used in the settings is awful looking!!! I also keep seeing a bluish hue to things that aren't quite black but dark in color..anyone else noticing this? My phones color weren't like this before updating to 4.0.4

jivester

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
My settings menu looks normal...other than that I just noticed faster loading of Android Home. I have lots of folders and a couple widgets and sometimes returning home from an app it would take a second to reload the home screen. After 4.0.4 it is perfect, that for me is a big fix. The only other thing I hope was fixed with this update is the camera issue where it would FC and you would have to power down to fix it. Anyone notice this issues before and after the update?

crookone10

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the issue with camera app force closing and then having to reboot to fix...but in noticing even a blue hue on my lock screen where towards the bottom it starts to darken a little...no one else seeing this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae