Google Selling Galaxy Nexus

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am returning my sprint galaxy nexus and getting the unlocked phone. Planning to use on t-mobile with the $ 50 unlimited plan. Will save a lot of money over a sprint plan with contract. Also will be able to update to the new nexus without having to worry about a contract.
Have already ordered the sim card from t-mobile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Totally bummed. Ordered the Galaxy Nexus on expansys 10 days ago for 549.99. 8 days later they were selling it for 469.99. I asked for a price difference they said no. Now this. I would love to return my phone for this but Expansys says if its opened they could charge anywhere from 10-25% restocking fee. UGH. I called and asked if they priced matched and they said yes. Told them about Google's price and they said no we don't price match if we dont make a profit. UGH. Never doing business with them again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT
Wow do I need to be ashamed. Eric Smith has contacted me from Expansys and has offered a credit of 100 dollars bringing it to 469.99. Although not 435, it is very much appreciated and am willing to say feel free to work with this company!!!

Last edited:

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to post this here as well since I posted it in the comments on the article.

For those who live in CA you do have to pay sales tax on it so it is a bit more than $399. The price, after taxes ($32.92) and shipping ($10.50), is $442.42.

brucleer0y

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed many people here and on other sites leaning towards unlocked phones and preferring T-mobile or another company straight talk(i think thats the name).

From personal experience i love tmobile. Great cheap plans, good customer service, and great phones.

However, as compared to my friends with ATT and Verizon, the coverage isn't as great, however seeing that regardless of coverage most people are going based on plan price with tmobile or straight talk is interesting.

I guess most people don't realize that over the long run they are paying more when you buy a subsidized phone, that included myself until recently.

If i wasn't on a family plan, i'd def go that route.

Also, if you've made it to this point in my post and you are still reading, do you believe this phone is still worth buying considering samsung is supposedly unveiling so new goodies next week?

Comments are appreciated :)

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed many people here and on other sites leaning towards unlocked phones and preferring T-mobile or another company straight talk(i think thats the name).

From personal experience i love tmobile. Great cheap plans, good customer service, and great phones.

However, as compared to my friends with ATT and Verizon, the coverage isn't as great, however seeing that regardless of coverage most people are going based on plan price with tmobile or straight talk is interesting.

I guess most people don't realize that over the long run they are paying more when you buy a subsidized phone, that included myself until recently.

If i wasn't on a family plan, i'd def go that route.

Also, if you've made it to this point in my post and you are still reading, do you believe this phone is still worth buying considering samsung is supposedly unveiling so new goodies next week?

Comments are appreciated :)

I have fallen in love with pure ICS and wouldn't trade it for either sense or touchwiz. The galaxy nexus unlocked will tide me over for the next 6-8 months till the new nexus goodness is released. I am not a blind user of the nexus phones as I wasn't a big fan of nexus s or pure gingerbread. But ics is in a different league altogether.

brucleer0y

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya. I was considering getting the galaxy note and with rumours of a tmobile variant coming i was pretty excited, but im constantly renewing contracts.

I agree ICS looks amazing, i currently use a wp7 device which i absolutely love but I want an ICS device.

I don't want to sit around waiting for a manufacturer and then the carrier to release an upgrade for a phone.

While i do realize I don't necessarily have to, i'd feel more comfortable visiting XDA on a nexus device.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. I was considering getting the galaxy note and with rumours of a tmobile variant coming i was pretty excited, but im constantly renewing contracts.

I agree ICS looks amazing, i currently use a wp7 device which i absolutely love but I want an ICS device.

I don't want to sit around waiting for a manufacturer and then the carrier to release an upgrade for a phone.

While i do realize I don't necessarily have to, i'd feel more comfortable visiting XDA on a nexus device.

I have used the galaxy note on att for a week. But after a while gingerbread and touchwiz just turned me off.

mitaino9000

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't feel that bad, I bought my GSM Galaxy Nexus on ebay for $475 a week ago. With the taxes the price would have been $445, so I would have saved $30. But who cares this phone is great. Been enjoying every minute of it. Using my AT&T service flawlessly. I do have to say that Google should have done this from the get-go instead of going with Verizon. They really botched up the experience of a getting a Nexus IMO.

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one last night! My first unlocked phone :)

I was/am happy with my Sensation 4g but couldn't resist. I wonder how many devices Google is moving with this sale?! I mean if they got me to get one I'm sure there's many more. I never thought I'd ever buy an unlocked device given the usual high cost.

Related question: Anyone know how much my T-Mo S4G is worth...with only light scratches on one side of the screen? Really only visible in sunlight...

Sales tax is 6% in my county so I got a little better price than others @ $433.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000