Facebook battery drain on unlocked Galaxy Nexus

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Help! Noticing in my battery usage that Facebook is responsible for 15%+ of battery usage!! Wtf?? I've turned off messenger location services in the FB settings as well as the Nearby friends checkbox.

Anything else I can do short on uninstalling the Facebook to prevent this app from sucking my battery dry every day?

This is on an unlocked HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus (just got through google play).

Thnx!

remister

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing the same battery drain as well. But today was my first charge. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Are you having issues on the Youtube App, where the keeps buffering when you are on a Wifi connection?

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Have not noticed any issues with YouTube over Wi-Fi.I don't have a SIM (waiting on adapter to use my iPhone microSIM ) so I'm using Wi-Fi exclusively at the moment.

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Facebook app on Android because it's notorious for battery drainage. Stick to the touch website, it's just as good as the app IMO

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Even disabling auto updates and notifications I still had trouble. Removing FB fixed a big piece of battery problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i reinstalled it yesterday morning... don't know if uninstalling/reinstalling helped... my battery lasted all day (about 15-16 hrs)... will continue to monitor... i'm not trusting it still :confused:.... (refresh set to never)

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yuck. Gave it another try today. While I wasn't using it I got a warning it was cranking my cpu. Without going into what FB may have been doing, I won't tolerate the battery hit while I'm not even using it. Removed again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85