Youtube Buffering

remister

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I obtained a GSM Galaxy Nexus through Google and it was just shipped to me. The issue I have is, that when I watch Youtube videos that are in HQ they tend to buffer every few seconds. While it is buffering, it usually takes around 30 seconds to 1 min to play again. I am not sure if anyone else has this issue or not. I am using 4.0.4.

I have already tried it on multiple routers with the same outcome. I have power cycled and changed wireless channels on the routers. I have factory reset the phone. The videos play perfectly fine on my 3G phone connection. Anyone else having this issue?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I see this too intermittently. Sometimes the video loads smoothly, other times it hitches, much more so on wifi than on a mobile connection (Verizon LTE with my Nexus). I'm on a 30 Mbps down connection with a pretty substantial wifi router at home, but it happens elsewhere too.

It does seem to occur during what I figure are higher traffic periods for YouTube, like evening and at night when people would use it the most. It may have something to do with provisioning on Google's end because my stuff at its slowest is 20 Mbps down at those times. The servers may just get clogged up with home requests while Google prioritizes mobile connections. That makes sense or else it would take forever to see any video on mobile if residential connections, which are faster than pretty much any 3G connection (at least cable is), were given priority.

This is just speculation on my part. If anyone knows for certain, please prove me wrong.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I get same buffering issues on my EVO lte on wifi and worse on 3g. Wifi is 20mbps connection.

My netflix streams better than netflix on 3g only and that's sad.... Emailing youtube.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Having some results I watched some trailers on imdb yesterday with no problem. YouTube wouldn't work..

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007