Volume Low

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am confused still from threads and an app description I read

So the original volume problem of fluttering was fixed with the earlier version of the GSM Nexus. Google said the one last week was a brand new version. Nothing new, just fixes I suppose. Is he correct

Well it seems that the volume is still low and I have seen other threads, opinions

I saw Volume+ But it said do not use NOT rooted. I don't wanna root
Can someone tell me if I really shouldn't use that AND / OR what a good app or fix is?

Thanks so much
Eric

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am confused still from threads and an app description I read

So the original volume problem of fluttering was fixed with the earlier version of the GSM Nexus. Google said the one last week was a brand new version. Nothing new, just fixes I suppose. Is he correct

Well it seems that the volume is still low and I have seen other threads, opinions

I saw Volume+ But it said do not use NOT rooted. I don't wanna root
Can someone tell me if I really shouldn't use that AND / OR what a good app or fix is?

Thanks so much
Eric

I used it when I wasn't rooted. I didn't have a single issue, and its great.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used it when I wasn't rooted. I didn't have a single issue, and its great.

That is very nice of you to help...and especially so quickly

Are there any benefits to the other one, it isn't quite labeled as Pro or Premium, so I wasn't sure if it was totally different or just more features?

Just try the free one first, then if I like the other?
The other is not related?
Or, the free one will be all I need?

Thanks again. Have an awesome hump day
Eric

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
OP - are you talking speaker volume or earpiece volume?

I'm using Volume+ to boost speaker volume. Works very well. I'm not rooted either and don't plan to. The speaker volume gives you the warning about needing to be rooted. I haven't tried it. Not sure what happens when you hit "I'm not rooted" in the Volume+ app when in the In-Call Setting (ie. earpiece volume).

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I like this phone a lot, especially unlocked straight from Google for $434. But this is the crummiest earpiece and speaker volume I have ever experienced with a phone. Terrible job, Samsung, very terrible job. It's my first samsung so I'm not sure if it's just the Galaxy Nexus or all of their handsets? Looking into Volume+ right now, though I'm not rooted either.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I swear by Android. And I now swear by Samsung after hating Sense and not desiring to root anymore.

Everyone in this post gave great advice on volume+ it works fine unrooted. I go up to 8 or 9 and it is perfect.

This volume is lower than most samsungs. But they seem to me to have lower volume.

For those who helped...is the volume+ relative to how strong the original speaker was? In other words would my friends GS2 which has a better speaker not want it on the same.
number.

Or is it such that once the app is running it will be the same for all phones.

Thx

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
for Volume+, you don't need root for the speaker volume boost, but you do need it for the earpiece volume boost... i'm not rooted nor do i plan to... i'm just using the speaker volume increase for V+ and even that is a big improvement... i found the speaker volume to be the worst of the two between it and earpiece volume anyways, so i don't feel compeled to root just to boost the earpiece volume which isn't that bad anyways...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Volume+ didn't seem to boost my speaker volume much; I don't notice a difference really. I got a little confused by its instructions during setup, as I was rushing at the time, so I think I'll uninstall and reinstall to try it again, since everyone's saying it works for their Galaxy Nexus's. Thanks guys! :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've figured out that my speaker has more volume "steps" now when listening to podcasts, but I don't really notice a difference with my ringtone when someone calls me yet. Still messing with the settings and trying to figure it out.

Reactions: asafar59
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Set Volume+ to +15 for maximum volume. Anything above +15 and it does nothing. If you set the EQ Preset to "Good Quality" it seems to distort the speaker less then the other settings. I do not use Volume+ to change the settings on anything else aside from Speaker Settings. I did mess with it under Headset Settings, but it seems to make the sound on headphones sound worst. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jonneh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet