Constant Sleep of death issues

julianxc23

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my gsm galaxy nexus two days ago and since yesterday I am getting the sleep of death issue. It's not an occaisional thing, it happens every time the phone goes to sleep for more than a moment. I scoured the internets for a solution and to no avail, any thread about it are quite old. i did a factory reset and that fixed it for about an hour but once i have most of my apps installed SOD returns. I'm running dead stock 4.0.4.
Does anyone else get constant SODs? Has anyone been able to fix this? my phone is basically unusable like this so anything that would help would be awesome

Fryguy128

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't have this phone, but this sounds like a hardware issue. I would return the phone and get a new one to see if it's just your phone.

Boogydefarno

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I do have this phone and it has so far worked faultlessly, I do however have this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab7 Plus. My advice is simple, the device is not fit for purpose. Under basic consumer rights in the U.K. If something is not fit for purpose and is within the warranty period the device must be either repaired or replaced. So, contact the vendor, tell them the issue and insist on the issue being resolved. My Tab is within warranty and has been returned twice to have the issue resolved. If it is not resolved I will insist on a replacement. Be firm, know your rights, don't be fobbed off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol