Hello, all.

I have installed Apex Launcher and love it. I have it setup with 7 home screens, and my entire library of applications and games... Only about 4GB left on the device if that gives you any idea about how many apps and games I have installed.

Anyway... After a bit of use, Apex slows down to a crawl, almost like it is in slow motion... After a while it goes back to normal, but then back to a crawl...

Anyone else experience this? Any thoughts as to how I might fix it? I do not have these issues with the stock launcher at all. Granted it only 5 screens, but similar set-up.

Thanks!
    05-10-2012 08:50 AM
    I experienced something similar. Wound up trying out Nova with the same setup and it was noticably better. My screen transitions are smooth and the apps don't have to reload in the drawer like they did with Apex. Give it a shot, it might be what your looking for.
    Codeworks likes this.
    05-10-2012 09:09 AM
    Do you have any transition animations active? If so, try disabling those
    05-11-2012 09:50 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, I did have transition effects, but when turning them off, it did not seem to make a difference. I tried to narrow down when it was happening and it seemed like maybe when data access was occurring? Hard to tell.

In any case, I switched to NOVA and it works great! No slowdown or hesitations and handles all my crazy widgets and apps with ease.

Thanks again!
    05-11-2012 09:57 AM
    Go to apex settings advanced settings and click on Keep in Memory. It will keep the apex in memory and it might help a little

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2012 06:36 AM
    I've noticed I get some slight slowdowns (occasionally) with Go Launcher. Of course I've got some transition effects on, as well as swapping out the stock icons for some themed icons. Transitions are just eye candy, but I really like the minimalist icons I've got....

Maybe I'll have to try a different launcher. (Personally I don't need any extra functionality from the launcher, I just like a clean/minimalist theme)
    05-12-2012 10:21 AM
    I just installed Apex launcher today on my GNex. The only time I noticed slow down is when I enabled the tablet transitions in the app drawer. I currently have the cube out transitions on the homescreens and app drawer. No slow down that I can see. I also have the homescreens setup with 4 columns and 5 rows. I just kept the default number of homescreens to 5 as I don't even really need that many.
    05-12-2012 02:11 PM
    nova launcher is working well for me.
    05-12-2012 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD