How do you configure your screen brightness?

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using auto brightness on my Galaxy Nexus. Unlike what others have said on the forums, I find that it allows the screen to be plenty bright. When I look at the battery stats, it shows the display using about 65%. However, I've been getting awesome battery life. Because I just got the phone on Wednesday, I've been messing around with it and still get about 16 hours on it.

How do you have your screen brightness configured and how has your battery life been? If you don't have it set to auto, can you post a picture so everyone can see exactly where the slider is? I really wish phones would have a number scale for the brightness.

iukreegs

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I left my screen set to auto-brightness. When looking for battery saving tips, one article recommended to leave it on that setting.

Email syncing seems to be the biggest culprit for me. When I was pushing 3 email accounts and having a 4th email synced regularly, my battery life stunk. I lowered the syncing schedule on the 3 and put the 4th on manual and it seems to be quite a bit better.

I also made it so the screen auto-turns off after 30 seconds of being idle. sometimes gets in the way as I'm trying to read something but probably helps a bit.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Go Power master. It has a few pre-made power profiles (combining wifi on/off, mobile data on/off, screen brightness, screen time-out, sync, and others) and also allows you to make your own additional profiles.

Using this has made a difference. Then again, I can only use my phone at breaks while at work (I'm a labourer), so it gets most of its use while NOT at work -- thus I'm not the average user. I do want better battery life (who doesn't) and I've found that this widget seems to help. Then again, that might just be placebo effect :p

YzBrad99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I use a app called "Power Controls" by PAINLESS DEATH. The app allows you to use 3 settings on a scale of 1-255. i use 10 as the lowest and 80 on medium and 255 on the brightest. I try to run it at 10 which is the lowest to conserve the most power.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you should mention Power Control. I downloaded it a few days ago. I like that you can create a customizable power widget. I'll have to experiment with running my phone on that low brightness setting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm