Transferring ios notes from Gmail to GN/SOLVED

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So I have been searching for hours thinking this should be simple, still have not solved it.

Whats an easy way of getting ios notes that are stored and synced to my Gmail account into an app and onto my Gnex?

I have Evernote, and a couple more, Google drive, and Dropbox but is there a way to get them into a universal app on the iphone then use that same app on my GN. Does evernote do that. Or do I have to manually move them? I would prefer not to copy and paste or email a hundred notes to myself.

Thanks...Hoping for a simple elegant solution!

Last edited:

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transferring ios notes from Gmail to GN

Any notes synced with GMail, Evernote, Dropbox, or Drive will still be there when you sign into the apps on your Galaxy Nexus.

Not understanding...

rblacula

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I get what you're talking about. You want something that'll automatically sync your notes using the same app, yes? Try Microsoft OneNote or Evernote. There's a few more that are good, but those are off the top of my head. Have a nice day! :)

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Try an app called iTap notes. Its a couple bucks but from what I understand it will sync up with 1 gmail account. Let me know if it works.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

OK so I never found anything to sync them(I didn't get to try itap sorry). I always wondered why folks used Evernote or Simplenote or similar. It gets them into the cloud and is cross platform. Now I know. :)

Anyway installed Evernote , there wasn't an import function that I could find. So I opened it up on a Win7 rig and opened Gmail in another window and copied and pasted each note into one Evernote using a "break" between each one so I could tell them apart. Put them all in one big Evernote.

Then signed in on Evernote on the GN and I was good to go. In the end it only took 30 min or so. (As well as a few days looking for a lazy way):D

Aslo cleaned them up and removed some to either contacts or trash...a little bit of housecleaning.

Thanks for the advice folks!

Oh and I could have done this on phone as Marton points out (Gmail website) to evernote. It was easier on the big screen. I also never found the note tab using the browser and Gmail's website on my phone.

Last edited:

Uma palvannan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
This is what I did finally. Use ITunes to sync to outlook in PC. Install Evernote on your PC. Outlook->notes->select all->right click and add to Evernote. Install evernote in Android and sync , all good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37