Change plans

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on a T-Mo prepaid plan. I was thinking of changing the plan I have to the Walmart (or tmobile.com activated) $30 plan which is 100 minutes talk, unlimited text and 5Gb data.
Supposedly this is for new activations only, but I heard you do not have to buy a phone from Wal-Mart, you can buy a SIM card activation kit from tmobile.com then activate as a new device.
I have heard mixed results on this, I do not necessarily have to keep my current number so I wouldn't care if that is changed, but the activation kit has the activation code with the SIM card it ships with, but then you have to supply your IMEI number.
Would T-Mo see this IMEI and detect this as a number that has been used on a T-Mobile prepaid plan already and disqualify me for this $30 walmart.com/tmobile.com plan, or since this is a new SIM and new number, it wouldn't matter?

Thanks.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. But you have nothing to lose by trying. My guess, if anything disqualified you it would be your billing info. In other words, name address, credit card, etc. and not the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz