Thats why Nexus is THE ONE!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
does me no good if my phone has no reception :(
By far the best phone I have ever owned besides the reception issue but sadly I think I have to part ways with it.....jellybean or not

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You guys have some strange priorities...at least to me. The most important thing in a phone to me is to be able to receive calls from my clients no matter where I am. Every dime I make flows through my cell phone. If I'm out of touch, I'm losing money.

When they make a Nexus with Motorola radios in it then I'll buy one, but the newest, spiffiest OS in the world can't make up for poor radios.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
You guys have some strange priorities...at least to me. The most important thing in a phone to me is to be able to receive calls from my clients no matter where I am. Every dime I make flows through my cell phone. If I'm out of touch, I'm losing money.

When they make a Nexus with Motorola radios in it then I'll buy one, but the newest, spiffiest OS in the world can't make up for poor radios.

Silly for you then to rely on one device to receive your flow of income.

You sir, need to carry a phone from every carrier, use Google voice to make sure every call is forwarded to every line.

Only then can you have 99.99% reliability.

I hate when people blame there phone or carrier because, "oh my business relies on it".

Cover all your bases! I bet you don't even have a spare phone when yours breaks... yes electronics fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Silly for you then to rely on one device to receive your flow of income

And even sillier for you to assume that I do from what I posted. I have multiple backup means of communications. But since I only purchase quality devices from a manufacturer with a long history of having good radios with excellent reception, and since I'm with the cell provider that has the best service in my area, I haven't needed any of the backups?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
...you don't even know what the features of Jelly Bean are.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Silly for you then to rely on one device to receive your flow of income.

You sir, need to carry a phone from every carrier, use Google voice to make sure every call is forwarded to every line.

Only then can you have 99.99% reliability.

I hate when people blame there phone or carrier because, "oh my business relies on it".

Cover all your bases! I bet you don't even have a spare phone when yours breaks... yes electronics fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I sure hope you are just dicking around with that reply because that is the most whack post I have read on this forum thus far.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope you are just dicking around with that reply because that is the most whack post I have read on this forum thus far.

Really? His post is accurate. There are people who carry a phone on every carrier and have their number forwarded. Many athletes and celebs do it. If you travel, especially world wide, and need to have communication nearly 100% of the time, then it's a viable solution.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Really? His post is accurate. There are people who carry a phone on every carrier and have their number forwarded. Many athletes and celebs do it. If you travel, especially world wide, and need to have communication nearly 100% of the time, then it's a viable solution.

Here in the states you probably could get away with having just 2 phones. Verizon & AT&T (preferably unlocked for international travel). For the rare times that neither phones work, go to a local bestbuy & grab a cheap prepaid for whichever network will work in that area.

I travel for work, Verizon works 99% of the time. I also carry a $15 prepaid AT&T phone I purchased at bestbuy for the few time VZW doesn't work.

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

so you dont miss a call while using motorola phones??
no phone has 100% reception rate even pitcher phones. (they're around 98%, smartphones a bit lower at around 97~96% especially while using data or tower handover, or in rural, mountain area - boundary of coverage)
its all depends on region but usually verizon is stable than other carriers (like att at worst).
also a lil bit less than half of dropped calls are due to network problem not the phone.

High SAR radio can make connection at lower dbm than low sar radios.. thats pro of moto radio.. of course u r getting high radiation. so ppl in good coverage zone(urban area) dont have issue with GNex (unless they got bad sim).

fritolay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly why Google needs to work with phone carriers, this is not a good thing. When Apple announces something with a new phone, people have more of an idea if they need to upgrade their phones. With Android, how do you know if you will get what was just announced?