Jellybean expectations?

nipcarlover

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Now that Jellybean has been sort of confirmed, and that our phones are going to get it pretty much the first, what are your expectations for this new version of Android?

I really want to see Android switch to tablet mode when the phone is connected via MHL to a external monitor.. That would be pretty sick. :cool:

Your Expectations?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Chrome comes out of "beta," becomes the default Android browser (probably included in gApps because of proprietary code, maybe?)

Slight UI refinements and enhancements (such as the Search bar)

Better tablet performance/ tweaks to make it a better experience,

Majel(?), hopefully, though I can see that being held back for a bit

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather see a little less new stuff and see them really refine the existing code.

If it's 4.1 and not 5.0 (as reported) I think this is the likely scenario--refinements, tweaks, but nothing major.

I'd love for Majel to make an appearance, but I don't think that's likely.

We'll find out next week, hopefully.

iukreegs

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I actually expect the following but this is what I want.

- Battery percentage on top bar

- Better face recognition software

- Better security (ie less permissions given to apps)

- Faster boot

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
-Higher resolution Contact photos

-A integrated video chat app like facetime is to apple

That's all I ask of Jellybean for my gnex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
-A integrated video chat app like facetime is to apple

Google Talk already on the phone. The app with the big Talk icon. Phone to phone video chats. Works decent enough. Used it when i was in Europe to visit with the family. Wife dialed me up and sat her phone in my normal spot on the couch so I could see and visit everyone.

However, I'm not sure if phone to PC is available as I never tried.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think Tablets will get more features and improvements in Jelly Bean, especially if this rumored Nexus tablet is going to debut this week.

But we'll see.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Google Talk already on the phone. The app with the big Talk icon. Phone to phone video chats. Works decent enough. Used it when i was in Europe to visit with the family. Wife dialed me up and sat her phone in my normal spot on the couch so I could see and visit everyone.

However, I'm not sure if phone to PC is available as I never tried.

Gtalk is a great app, I just wish they would integrate it into the contacts. Where you only need the other persons phone number to video chat ( assuming they're using android and have a front facing camera). Most of my friends/family that have Android aren't even aware what gtalk is, sadly. I'm no apple fan boy, but I do like how they make video chat so accessible (except they're wifi only. Haha )

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I want in the next version of Android.

- Built-in remote device wipe via Google account.

- Built-in "Find My Device" feature.

- Google Talk or Google+ Hangouts integrated as the default video chat solution.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: scholaryoshi

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Gtalk is a great app, I just wish they would integrate it into the contacts. Where you only need the other persons phone number to video chat ( assuming they're using android and have a front facing camera). Most of my friends/family that have Android aren't even aware what gtalk is, sadly. I'm no apple fan boy, but I do like how they make video chat so accessible (except they're wifi only. Haha )

Brings us back to "really refine the existing code", lol
:p

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Majel/Voice Assistant

Better G+ integration of pictures and messaging (like iMessage without the kinks)

Chrome as the default browser (may mean no more skinning the browser app, like Sense does)

Optimization for Tegra chips (due to the Nexus tablet supposedly having one)

General tweaks and performance improvements.

Couple of other things I would want, like a two finger left/right swipe between apps, quick replies to text and email from the notification window or a widget without having to launch the app itself, and widgets being "live" windows for apps, but that's all pie in the sky stuff I think.

omar300i

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I actually expect the following but this is what I want.

- Battery percentage on top bar

- Better face recognition software

- Better security (ie less permissions given to apps)

- Faster boot

i agree with security option, i will be switching from blackberry, and i love the option that every app i download it asks what permission i will allow to apps, such as files, contacts, location etc.
Also app like blackberry's protect or androids find my droid.
These are basic features and everyphone should have it.

Last edited:

wunderman4

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Proper functionality of drop down menus on websites not designed for mobile (chrome beta mostly )

Dial contacts on key pad feature like the gs2 has

Better navigation "on, off " toggling! Thing always takes to long to "acquire satellites"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc