Weird noise when using headphones/computer speakers

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, whenever i use either my headphones or if i plug in mini computer speakers while listening to music i get this weird noise that sporadically happens. It's a quick burst of..static but not static interference..i don't know how to explain it..sound. It gradually increases in frequency to where i just stop listening to my music. This happens on songs I've transferred from hard drive, itunes, Google music, paid and free, songs I've ripped from cd..any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: e2ackbar

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I get static when whenever anything is being loaded or buffered. I've used different headphones with the same results. It seems to stop once it's loaded. You Tube, Pandora, Tune in Radio all seem to do this as well as the start of games such as Angry Birds. Music I already have downloaded does not have any static at all. Not a deal breaker for me, but I do wonder why because this never happened with my 3D.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you mentioned this. It happens on my unlocked GN as well, with streaming and pre-loaded music, and it's quite random. Maybe this will be a bug fix when 4.1 arrives?

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It only happens when i listen to Google music. Sometimes when laying in bed I'll watch Netflix on my phone with speakers or headphones. No problems. I can't remember if it happens when i log into my playlist.com from the browser but I'll check it out and get back to you. Doesn't matter if on wifi or stream. An running the blackice ROM with dsp being part of the ROM. I have tried all options in it and even went into my settings. Does not do this in YouTube. I recall listening to music couple weeks ago when i went to sell my books back at campus and didn't have this problem.

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I get static when whenever anything is being loaded or buffered. I've used different headphones with the same results. It seems to stop once it's loaded. You Tube, Pandora, Tune in Radio all seem to do this as well as the start of games such as Angry Birds. Music I already have downloaded does not have any static at all. Not a deal breaker for me, but I do wonder why because this never happened with my 3D.

Mine isn't static..it's a weird pop almost like sound. But it's not a pop either. Hard to explain.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams