considering unlocked hspa+ galaxy nexus...

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
alrightt well recently i have been pretty set on getting the galaxy s3 and have been constantly checking with att to see if it was in store so i can go mess around with one

but after watching the live google i/o event today and seeing how jelly bean is packed full of new features especially the new notifications menu and on top of that they dropped the price of the nexus in the google play store from 400 to 350 which is a crazy good deal and knowing that the nexus would be the first to get these updates has kind of swayed me away from the S3 hype, as i do hate touchwiz and samsung sucks with their updates still...

but my question is, if i buy the unlocked hspa+ version of the nexus for at&t will i be among the very first to get the jelly bean update with the international version because i have read in the verizon nexus forums that those people will have to wait a little longer for the update since it has to go through verizon and other stuff...

so basically is the unlocked att version the same as the international version that gets the updates first? sorry for the noobish question

and if anyone can post links about the battery life on the nexus that would be a big help, is the battery life typically pretty good?

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Not all of the unlocked Nexus phones are updated by Google some are updated by Samsung. Download GN Official Update checker to see what build you have. If you don't have yakju which is what Google updates then you can change your build to the Google updated build.

modemide

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused by your post.

But, basically, if you purchase the nexus from the play store and use it on AT&T (which I believe is your intention), it stands to reason that you will be among the first to get updates AND JellyBean which is coming soon.

IIRC, the International version of the GSM Nexus is updated by Samsung.

As for battery life, I looked into the same thing recently and determined that it should get you comfortably through the work day and is less battery hungry than the LTE version./
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/552599-nexus-battery-life-gsm-vs-verizon.html

Here's a specific post that might help you:
xda-developers - View Single Post - GSM nexus battery life WAY better than Verizon Nexus

From this thread:
GSM nexus battery life WAY better than Verizon Nexus - xda-developers

Reactions: m.vasquez009

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Also jumping on this, only 2nd thought is the camera comments. Is it that poor? I have two small kids so I need something speedy. I don't want a camera as laggy as my Droid X...thoughts?

BoeJob

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely going to be speedy with the zero shutter lag. I think the camera quality is around the one in the iphone 4, which was pretty decent.

I'm also considering jumping on this deal for the phone. Only thing that is giving me reservations is how late in the year it is, 2012 that is.

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
yah what im asking is, is the hspa+ unlocked nexus for at&t the same as the international version.. as i believe the international version will get updates usually before people with a verizon nexus

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused by your post.

But, basically, if you purchase the nexus from the play store and use it on AT&T (which I believe is your intention), it stands to reason that you will be among the first to get updates AND JellyBean which is coming soon.

IIRC, the International version of the GSM Nexus is updated by Samsung.

As for battery life, I looked into the same thing recently and determined that it should get you comfortably through the work day and is less battery hungry than the LTE version./
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/552599-nexus-battery-life-gsm-vs-verizon.html

Here's a specific post that might help you:
xda-developers - View Single Post - GSM nexus battery life WAY better than Verizon Nexus

From this thread:
GSM nexus battery life WAY better than Verizon Nexus - xda-developers

read above

yah what im asking is, is the hspa+ unlocked nexus for at&t the same as the international version.. as i believe the international version will get updates usually before people with a verizon nexus

Got your answer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RoseIsland

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If you purchase the device from the Google Play Store it will get the Jelly Bean update pretty quick since they ship with the takju build. :)

Phazenine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The GSM Galaxy Nexus is definitely the way to go. There's a ton of development out there for this device. I'm on my 5th Jelly Bean ROM in two days. Tmobile & AT&T provide great coverage HSPA+ is a beast, more than adequate speeds. I just hate the fact I paid 700$ in December and it's depreciated over 50%. But all in all there isn't a device out currently that I'd rather have than a GSM GNEX

Sent from my i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: m.vasquez009

jiwon0522

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
did samsung discontinue GN GSM batteries? i can't find OEM ones anywhere, both regular and extended.

also, did update 4.0.4 improve battery life? was that proven? i've been googling about this phone and all initial impressions were complaining about poor battery, mostly LTE versions and also some HSPA+ versions.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Here's the deal.

You can buy a Galaxy Nexus from Google. It runs on GSM networks (AT&T, T-Mobile (in the U.S.), you get to pick. It is unlocked. It's $350 in the google play store. It is getting an official jelly bean update this month. That's the one you want.

If you're not in the U.S., I believe it runs on international GSM networks, you just need to get a sim card for whatever network you want.

I, and most people on here I believe, would recommend NOT buying a carrier specific Nexus (Verizon, etc), unless maybe you're locked into a contract.

Reactions: rdjr1829

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae