When the 4.1 ota

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't know when the OTA is coming, but I know me and a bunch of others are already rocking Jelly Bean on our Nexus's with minimal problems.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
they said "in july" yesterday

still fairly broad, but an improvement for them considering in the past they've given no date, in the coming weeks or soon.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
We're seeing these posts already...really??
I think Google said JB is not compatible with GN, so we're all screwed. [/sarcasm]

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
In honesty, no one knows, and no ever will know. The source code for, and the new tablet with, JB are released sometime in mid-July. (And even THAT is not an exact date).

The OTAs for the NS, GN, Xooms, etc, will be sometime after that. Maybe the same time, maybe a week later, maybe longer. We won't know.

mattatwar

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I was reading somwere were it said "if you?re not in possession of the ?Takju? U.S. GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus you?re out of luck"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
YAKJU and TAKJU are the Google stock images. They will be updated. If the build has any letters after the "U" they will be manufacturer/carrier updated.

I would just flash TAKJU if you're in the US and YAKJU if you're not and be done with it. I wouldn't think it would make a difference to the warranty; you could always relock the bootloader and they'd never tell.

edit:
This is applicable to the GSM models only

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm running JB right now on my Sprint GNex. But the OTA for the GSM version should hit in July, as far as the Sprint and VZW versions, it might be august or later.

androtik

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
just to clarify some points here.
1) you do not need to root to make an update this is totally wrong!
to update GN to 4.1 you can use
Android Jelly Bean is out! Time to update :) ? AndWise
personnaly tested on takju, yakju, yakjuxw
2)as somebody said takju, yakju are just manes for software profiles wit no major differences. and these are pushed from google. yakjuXX is pushed from Samsung or SP.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I did what the link above told me but upon rebooting I got stuck on a 4 colored X animation (I'm guessing that's the new boot anim) and had to reflash a stock ICS. Any idea what I did wrong?

Could be a corrupt download. I'd try downloading again and if you have the same issue, come back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Davidjacobs21

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
So my nexus is coming this week. Im coming from an iphone. i jailbreak my iphones all the time but rooting an android seems so much more confusing. Doing this way here, I wont have to root. is this the jelly bean preview? Will i still be able to get the official release of jelly bean when then comes out later this month? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol