NFC Beam

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So a friend of mine has the Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile and ever since he got the phone he was trying to compare it to the Galaxy Nexus. He even showed me that they packed his phone with the exact same 1850 mah stock battery we use in our Nexus with the nfc marking on it. I told him that just cuz he has the battery that didn't mean he had NFC in his phone. As of recently he rooted his phone and installed the CM9 Rom which I have on my Nexus. Today he showed me that he indeed can use NFC to do android beam from his phone to mine. We successfully tried it on pictures, YouTube videos and Maps. Guess the NFC chip is definitely in the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Not quite the antenna is in the battery; the newer international, AT&T, and TMo GS2s have NFC chips inside the devices though they weren't enabled for quite some time and in the case of the AT&T model it is disabled until a custom ROM is used. I think you could enable it easily in the TMo version settings, but don't hold me to it too tightly. I don't have first hand knowledge just stalk a large number of tech blogs and prefer info on Android but I can't always be picky. Hope this helped!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc