Weak wifi on 4.1

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
After flashing jellybean I noticed my wifi being weak and will not connect on the 5ghz frequency, so I tried the new baseband but still won't connect. I've been looking through forums but have only found a fix for the Verizon nexus. Was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and might know of a fix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually oddly enough, I find my WiFi signal is BETTER on JB then it was on ICS (or any ICS ROM). I don't know how it works, but around our apartment (smaller apartment) I loose Wifi just stepping out the door on ICS. With JB I've still got signal a couple steps away from the door. Its not much, but its a bit of a difference.

@Shift, have you tried a different variation of JB to see if it makes a difference? I'm running Awesome's v 2.1 (from Rootzwiki).

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
@Shift, have you tried a different variation of JB to see if it makes a difference? I'm running Awesome's v 2.1 (from Rootzwiki).
Yeah I've tried bigxie's jb rom on both basebands and now I'm trying jellybelly v2 and still seeing no difference. Always staying around one or two bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon