Nexus sales banned - do I get mine?

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store yesterday afternoon. I checked the status on the order in Google Wallet and noticed it hasn't been shipped yet - I figured by now, Monday late afternoon it would have gone out already.

But has it not because of the Apple patent ban or whatever?

Is Google still shipping the devices or have they stopped? I haven't received word about it from Google at all, but reading articles around the internet it seems like this could have happened several days ago - I just didn't realize it.

-E- I'm looking at this article in particular: http://www.androidcentral.com/apple...alaxy-nexus-were-giving-one-away-right-second

Any help would be appreciated. I'm so excited for my new Nexus I can't wait any longer!!

Sith Vol

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Ordered mine at noon on Saturday and I got my email confirmation. All it says is that Google received my order. The charge is showing on my bank account but it says pending. I figured the phone would've shipped by today. Kinda worried. :(

Reactions: Sniper1087

Sith Vol

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I would've thought the phone wouldn't even be available to purchase if they weren't gonna be able to ship them. Maybe they have a large amount of orders from the weekend from all the news about the ban. People wanting to get the phone while they can.

Let me know if you get an email. I'm considering calling Google CS if I don't get any update by tonight.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Google takes up to three days to process orders. I've purchase three of these over the last month and all have taken til either 11pm the night I ordered (if a work day) or mid day the next day yo get shipping notifications.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

daytondroid

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Same situation here. I do have one question, does your Google Wallet show any shipping information for the order when or after it ships?

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Google takes up to three days to process orders. I've purchase three of these over the last month and all have taken til either 11pm the night I ordered (if a work day) or mid day the next day yo get shipping notifications.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's been that long for me, and even longer for Sith Vol...

I would've thought the phone wouldn't even be available to purchase if they weren't gonna be able to ship them. Maybe they have a large amount of orders from the weekend from all the news about the ban. People wanting to get the phone while they can.

Let me know if you get an email. I'm considering calling Google CS if I don't get any update by tonight.

I will - you do the same to keep us all updated.

Same situation here. I do have one question, does your Google Wallet show any shipping information for the order when or after it ships?

I doubt it'll show the UPS/Fed Ex tracking info (ie. what city it is in), but I assume it would at least update to show that it was shipped.

anon(1835107)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine was just like yours until about an hour ago. I ordered on Saturday, got shipping notification almost immediately and now I see it scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine was just like yours until about an hour ago. I ordered on Saturday, got shipping notification almost immediately and now I see it scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning.

You got the shipping notification immediately after you ordered? Or just order confirmation?

Regardless, if it is being shipped tomorrow and you ordered last weekend that is good news for us all. That means the article I posted in the original post isn't (entirely) true, which is what I am/was worried about.

daytondroid

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I think this was previously mentioned here in the forums.

But, I do not think the ban goes into effect until Apple posts the bond, and then I would imagine the court has to put the ban in place. If the courts are closed this week for the holiday, we may also be lucky. And, to my knowledge, I am not sure Apple has posted the bond yet.

Reactions: tdan76

Sith Vol

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Wow...maybe the emails just take a while to be sent.

Our phones could already be on the way and we just haven't gotten those shipping emails. I'll post any future emails I receive.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine Friday night , status in Google wallet is unchanged... After reading here I decided to call.....because I placed my order after 7pm west coast time mine didn't ship until today......normally he sad I would have the device Wednesday but of course the holiday means I will have it Thursday.

deradler

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on Sunday July 1st. I just called Google and was told by a very nice person I should expect to receive mine on Thursday. When I asked about the Apple injunction she said that "it was business a usual and no impact yet".

Reactions: xavierpoe

TrackerF16

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
if you guys have read the press releases thoroughly enough you'll see that they havent been banned YET, there is a hearing today that makes apple liable for around 95 million dollars that they will need to put as a downpayment because if they lose their case, thats the projected amount of financial loss that apple would have directly caused samsung

As a condition of the preliminary injunction, Apple was ordered to post a bond of US$95.6 million towards any damages sustained by Samsung if it is later found to have been wrongfully enjoined

as far as i know, the bond hasnt been posted, so untill then (or if samsung can appeal it before it takes effect) nexus phones should still be shipping

Samsung Seeks Stay on Injunction Against Galaxy Nexus | PCWorld (link to quoted text)

i cant find the bit about the injunction being set upon the posting of the bond, but i remember reading it somewhere today..

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine Friday night , status in Google wallet is unchanged... After reading here I decided to call.....because I placed my order after 7pm west coast time mine didn't ship until today......normally he sad I would have the device Wednesday but of course the holiday means I will have it Thursday.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered Friday night a little after 10:00 Pm. I called and they said I will probably get it Thursday. I guess it's different for everyone depending on were your at and when you ordered, especially for people who ordered Saturday and are getting their's tomorrow.

I've gotten lucky with shipments before while other haven't. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones now, with the holiday coming up.

Sith Vol

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Woohoo. Thanks for the reassurance guys. I totally forgot about the 4th being this week.

I joined this forum just to ask about my phone but looks like I'll stay around. :)

anon(23236)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on Sunday July 1st. I just called Google and was told by a very nice person I should expect to receive mine on Thursday. When I asked about the Apple injunction she said that "it was business a usual and no impact yet".

Yeah I called too because I was curious about this (I ordered mine Sunday afternoon), and the rep also said it was "business as usual." Looks like they've been told to use that phrase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49