Jelly bean ota - who got it?

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice I like what I'm seeing right now. Google now is nice, like the new notification bar, also notice my calendar is syncing better now even has the same color scheme as the computer one and highlights in the widget. Buttery smooth scrolling. I guess there more but that I'll write for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PapiJumpable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got it!
6d3a0a3f-2c35-3bff.jpg

Not updating thought. Going to break root, right?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Its downloading now. Slow as molasses if you ask me. 15 mins in. Watch pot never boils I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chuckiewuckie

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the upgrade a few minutes ago with one downside-the Volume+ app isn't working and my volume has gone back to its old hard to hear levels. I knew this was a possibility as the Volume+ developer mentioned that he was still working on Jellybean compatibility, so hopefully, it'll be be working again before too long.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Of you guys who downloaded the OTA... Who has an unlocked bootloader and rooted device?

Is everyone completly stock when downloading and installing or did it work for someone with an unlocked/rooted Nexus???

thatAppleguy

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Of you guys who downloaded the OTA... Who has an unlocked bootloader and rooted device?

Is everyone completly stock when downloading and installing or did it work for someone with an unlocked/rooted Nexus???

I'm on the Google Play unlocked GSM version of the phone. I have not rooted my device though.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked unrooted, North of Phila,PA received the 147MB update around 2:47PM. A minute or 2 for D/L(35/35 FIOS). A couple min to install, a couple reboots, total time 10 to 12 min, 59 App updates.

I don't see much difference, with the caveat that I had zero lag before hand.(Watching io and listening to 10 podcasts on the butter, all I could think was how could this phone be any smother or faster) Maybe I don't have many apps or have not done much to the phone, but its always been really snappy. Very smooth and no lag. So I don't really see where my phone has improved.

Played with NOW, Its like Siri after a few laughs I may not use it. I use voice control to set the alarm and thats about it. I was hoping I could add Calendar events, no luck with that.

Neat boot screen, neat effect on lock screen. I like the voice.

Last edited:

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
To fender7212 my phone was stock from the play store no root/ unlock boot loader for me and the update work just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2