Jelly Bean Bugs

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just An FYI about the JellyBean os bugs people are having. With JellyBean still being new, a lot of devs haven't updated their apps yet , and some are still updating to ICS. I have found that a lot of apps not fixed for JellyBean will slow down your phone and cause lag. It could be 1 app it could be multiple apps together. I have already found and uninstalled a few apps that weren't working and games too. Just an FYI on what to look for with lag issues.

I still have os freezing up when i go to settings--apps-- and disable and clear cache. When i hit the app and back button to app list after force closing and clear cache the os will freeze up for 30 secs to a minute. I have also had more random boots that I ever did on ICS, which was 3. I'm up to 6 at least on JB now.
Also I am still having problems uploading HD videos I take with my phone to my drive account, with vzw 4g. It'll start uploading vids and later will just say uploads failed.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a verizon galaxy nexus and the only odd thing I've had since jelly bean is a couple of random reboots and sometimes the phone will lock up and not respond to the power button until a battery pull. It doesn't happen often but maybe once or twice a week.

Also, google now has an annoying bug where if it adds a sports team to your cards from searches it is impossible to remove it - it just keeps coming back. So, I was showing off the feature to somebody and I searched a couple of times "did the Jets win?" or "did the dolphins win?" and now I have Jets and Dolphins cards every day - I go to settings and remove the teams from 'my teams' each time they appear but they still come back on their own and I haven't done any more searches for either teams.

alexnaca

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
the battery charges very slow on s3 ( international version, romania carrier - orange) with official jelly bean, 8-9 hours for 10% - 100%. Before on ICS took 3-4 hours

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Slow charging could indicate an app draining the battery, check for wakelocks our excessive cpu use.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue.

I'll be talking or working and it will simply go off.

Won't go back on until you do a reset or battery pull.

Very weird.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a verizon galaxy nexus and the only odd thing I've had since jelly bean is a couple of random reboots and sometimes the phone will lock up and not respond to the power button until a battery pull. It doesn't happen often but maybe once or twice a week.

Also, google now has an annoying bug where if it adds a sports team to your cards from searches it is impossible to remove it - it just keeps coming back. So, I was showing off the feature to somebody and I searched a couple of times "did the Jets win?" or "did the dolphins win?" and now I have Jets and Dolphins cards every day - I go to settings and remove the teams from 'my teams' each time they appear but they still come back on their own and I haven't done any more searches for either teams.

I started getting random reboots with certain apps since updating to JB on my SGSIII

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Crapppp

Jellybean didn?t solve it. Gsiff_daemon just popped up for me. Just renamed it AGAIN.

Hopefully it won't pop up again

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

LolaJean18

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Please help.
Since upgrading to Jelly bean, I'm having camera issues. If I am viewing a picture in my gallery that I need to see in landscape mode, I try physically turning my phone on its side to see it larger, it turns again so it's upside down again. It just goes round and round. I used to be able to physically turn my phone to landscape and see my pictures that I took with the camera in landscape...not anymore with jelly bean. REALLY annoying!

Any suggestions???

Vortex13

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4, when using camera widget on lock screen when i go back to unlock the phone normally it is not a smooth unlock anymore, i'ts kind of a flicker, the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone. Anyone else have this issue with the camera in the lock screen?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 4, when using camera widget on lock screen when i go back to unlock the phone normally it is not a smooth unlock anymore, i'ts kind of a flicker, the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone. Anyone else have this issue with the camera in the lock screen?
You might get better results in the Nexus 4 forum. But in answer to your question, I have not seen this on the Galaxy Nexus.

Vortex13

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
You might get better results in the Nexus 4 forum. But in answer to your question, I have not seen this on the Galaxy Nexus.
Ya I posted there as well. Are you using the regular slide unlock though, because when there's a password or pin it works fine, it only does it on slide and it's very hard to notice as it only happens for 1 second.

tennisAce57

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just had the HFL (Bluetooth module) replaced in my Acura TL '07 and couldn't get the permissions prompt either. So after deleting all pairings from my car's system and deleting the Bluetooth link on my GN and rebooting no luck. :-(

So I marched in to speak with the service manager who called for an Acura sales/tech adviser who after several tries decided to try turning Bluetooth off and then on and then paired my phone and viola...we finally got the prompt! I had tried everything but that...I guess it works something like recycling your wireless route.

mfreetofly

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to Jelly Bean on my Samsung Galaxy Note calls take about 45-60 seconds to begin dialing after I've pressed the green button to start the call. Also, I'm now getting a message that pops up several times a day saying S Memo has stopped. I also had problems with the camera but those seem to have been resolved now. Any suggestions on the call lag problem? It's bad enough to make me want to get a new phone.

Joao17

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
When i'm typing, it doesn't give me the prediction of the words i had saved on the phone on ics.
For example, when i wrote abreviaitions, they would show, and now they don't, and they are still in the "saved words" list...
Lets say i wanted to type You are, but like this " U'r ", i then just had to put in a U and a R for it to predict it, and now it doesn't happen.
Another bad thing is, with the "assisted typing" if i want to write a P and a K, the K doesn't show as an option...
I have to turn off the assisted typing and insert the letter K manually, and the same thing happens for another few letters.
It is really anoying when you are used to typing in such a manner with your phone and suddenly, after an update, it stops behaving like you were used to it...
I have a Sony Xperia S.

arcadelion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to Jelly Bean on my Samsung Galaxy Note calls take about 45-60 seconds to begin dialing after I've pressed the green button to start the call. Also, I'm now getting a message that pops up several times a day saying S Memo has stopped. I also had problems with the camera but those seem to have been resolved now. Any suggestions on the call lag problem? It's bad enough to make me want to get a new phone.
That does sound really annoying. I too have had a lag when my calls actually begin from the time I press the call button, but it usually happens when I have very low signal.

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
HI,
I flashed this JB 4.2.2 stock build [ROM] [OTA][GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted | Galaxy Nexus > XDA for my Galaxy Nexus
I can't disable Next-word suggestions in the Language & Input -> Google Keyboard Settings :'(

Also, I noticed a few seconds of lag when pressing the power button to unlock the phone, when viewing recent apps (via the soft-key), and when opening the Camera too

Also, when I choose the "Recent Apps" soft key.. it's as the app that's currently being used is minimised and the homescreen is shown without any icons :(

The Build came with Busybox pre-installed and now its gone after a day of using my phone.

Last edited: