What does each colour of the notification LED represent?

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On my Galaxy Nexus, I have the LED light enabled to let me know if anything is going on while the screen is off. (A feature I loved with BlackBerry).

I've noted it actually uses different colours though. Sometimes it flashes white, sometimes, blue, and rarely, red.

I've been having a difficult time finding a straight answer through Googling as to what all the colours represet.

Does anyone know what the default colours mean? I'm not looking to change them. Just finding it hard to determine what is what.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that let you customize the blink color for different things, but stock it is dependant on what app is giving you the notification.

For mine at least, Blue is for Facebook notifications, white is Gmail, red is text for me (but I have mine set that way through my messaging app). I don't remember what the stock text blink was.

When it blinks, check and see what notifications you have and that should let you know what the colors represent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I should have mentioned from the get go that I was aware of Light Flow already, and that I can use that, or other apps to change this.

My question was what the stock lights represent.

However I'm beginning to see it still varies as it's dependent on the app developer.

Thanks anyway!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I should have mentioned from the get go that I was aware of Light Flow already, and that I can use that, or other apps to change this.

My question was what the stock lights represent.

However I'm beginning to see it still varies as it's dependent on the app developer.

Thanks anyway!

Unfortunately its kinda vague. There's basically no control of the LED in the stock firmware. Gonna have to use an app to get good control of it.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got a stock nexus white is text and blue is Facebook. Haven't had a red one yet maybe its gmail?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think any system notification is white. Any other color is controlled/set by each app/service. If something doesn't specify it seems to always be white.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with sting7k - any system notification defaults to a white LED unless you go into the app and attempt to change it. Google+ defaults to red. I have SMS as blue but I set that myself within Handcent. Most third-party apps have within their settings menus the ability to set LED colors, if there's some sort of notification possible for the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae