apn setting for tmobile 30 unlimited plan

iopepper

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just signed on the tmobile 30 bucks unlimited plan and a little bit confused. How do I know the apn setting is correct? And how do I know I am on 3g or 4g network?and how to check the speed of my mobile connection? there is a little small icon on the upper right corner. sometimes, it is a H, sometimes, it is 3g.
Anybody has the similar situation please help.
I almost forget to say I got the google nexus with JB just on this monday.
I tried to port my att gophone number to tmobile. So anybody know which number should I call?
or just call their general number.

Thanks
:D

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you can connect to the internet, send text and mms and make calls, everything is correct. You can download the Speedtest.net app if you want to test your data speeds: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d.speedtest&feature=nav_result&token=uz65G_w_

H means you are on the HSPA+ network, and 3G is the 3G network, It is not unusual to fluctuate between them unless you live right next to a tower. You can call the regular customer support number to port. I ported yesterday from Verizon and it took about 6 hours. They will not give you an option for this on their automated menu after you enter your phone number, so just press 0 and wait for an operator.

Edit: just wanted to add that the speedtest.net app uses about 20MB data each time you run the test. I know you have unlimited data but just stating this for anyone else also and because you prob want to watch your 5GB 4g cap. I was using the app everywhere I went for the first 2 days and was doing repeat tests to check speeds at various locations, and I used 800MB of data in 2 days just from this app! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggnaa20

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Just signed on the tmobile 30 bucks unlimited plan and a little bit confused. How do I know the apn setting is correct? And how do I know I am on 3g or 4g network?and how to check the speed of my mobile connection? there is a little small icon on the upper right corner. sometimes, it is a H, sometimes, it is 3g.

This is normal behavior. The connection will stay on UMTS (3G) when the connection is idle, and will go to HSPA+ (H) when the connection is actively transferring. This is a power saving feature.

If your calls, texts and data are all working, then your APN is fine. I've never had to edit anything with my APNs on T-Mobile personally. The default one works just fine.

Anybody has the similar situation please help.
I almost forget to say I got the google nexus with JB just on this monday.
I tried to port my att gophone number to tmobile. So anybody know which number should I call?
or just call their general number.

Just dial 611 and go from there. The general customer support will point you in the right direction for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12