Sending out GNex for weird rattle, Will they accept?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Long story short the phone rattles as off the speaker is loose or something in the camera is. It rattles when the phone receives a text or phone call. It will come in Thursday, but after inspecting my phone I noticed a small ding on the top corner. When I send back my old one do you think they will not accept it? Mind you the phone was never dropped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

terencet1603

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I would inform Google about all issues including the minor cosmetic defect on the device. Your probably gonna be put on hold for awhile so make sure to let them know everything when you actually get connected. I had a minor issue with my order as the wall adapter included was defected and would not give me a charge. I was under warranty so I was issued a replacement wall adapter no charge. If your device is under warranty I don't see a problem with them giving you a replacement.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm worried they will charge me for the replacement because if this small ding and claim it was the reason for this rattle.

terencet1603

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just let them know it was never dropped, honestly who would stay on hold with Google customer support for something they didn't do. Be clear and precise with your issue.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll have too. 7th time calling and only the sixth time was I actually helped instead of being disconnected or transferred to a number that just hung up on me after two rings :(

terencet1603

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I would save some minutes and call off a land line put it on speaker and wait. You will probably be transferred to Samsung which is where I had to get my return shipping label for my defected wall charger. Hopefully everything works out, you should be fine.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well called back and had them noted that there was a ding to the frame. Hopefully that helps and doesn't get used against me.