Extended Battery Help

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for an extended battery, I've seen those batteries that stick out and require a massive, ugly looking battery door to cover it up; I don't want that.
I saw an OEM Samsung 2000 MaH battery that comes with an OEM door but this is the title of it:

"OEM SAMSUNG Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 Extended battery. EB-L1F2LVZBXAR"

I am currently on Virgin Mobile Canada and I was wondering if this battery would work with my device? If not perhaps someone could show me an extended battery that would work without using that massive battery door.

OEM SAMSUNG Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 Extended battery. EB-L1F2LVZBXAR: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Nexus SCH-I515 is Verizon and Sprint versions I think, so I'm not sure. Since its all CDMA I would think there wouldn't be an issue with it, but I really couldn't say for sure.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, you'll have to find out exactly which phone you have. If you have a GSM HSPA+ phone then that battery will not work for you. There are extended batteries available on ebay, amazon (more expensive than ebay), expansys, and other places that are OEM extended batteries for both the GSM version and the Verizon version. The battery you linked to is the Verizon battery. However, if the person who is selling it told you it is 2000mah, then don't buy it regardless of which phone you have because the Verizon extended battery is 2100 mah, so something is wrong there. If the phone you have is a Sprint phone (VM in the US is Sprint only, don't know about Canada), then there is no Sprint extended battery but you can use the Verizon one. However, the extended battery door does not fit properly for the Sprint phone. Apparently, you can make it fit by filing down a tab. So make certain which phone you have, then go to ebay and look for an OEM extended battery. You will need to get a new battery door as well but if you stick with the OEM battery, you will not have a bulging back door - it will be pretty flat.

highfrequency

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Official android central thread for GSM galaxy nexus OEM extended battery Samsung Galaxy Nexus extended battery (GSM) - a photo tour | Android Central If you look in the comments section Phil linked to the offical ebay store front in which the android central team purchased theirs. The are only sold out of Korea. I ordered from here and took about 4 business days to get it. Im in Southern Cali

If you have a verizon Nexus you can get the OEM Extended 2200Mah directly from verizon

If you have a sprint phone your SOL in less you buy the Verizon one and break the tabs off to make it fit.

Last edited:

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does samsung make a charger for just the battery like it does for other phones. You know, the kind with the flip up thing and the stand built in? I'm assuming yes but haven't done the leg work to find out yet.

The main question, after ordering 2 of the batteries and doors from Phil's link, is if they do indeed make that type charger, will the extended battery work in it? Also, I'm thinking it might but obviously the flip up battery door wouldn't close. I could live with that. I'd just like to know if someone has personal experience with it.

Having extra batteries (and I have a compulsion to always have two extra batteries for some reason although I don't think I have ever needed the 3rd but oh, what peace of mind) is pretty much useless if they can't be charged independent of the phone.

I have the Unlocked Google version I9250 BTW if that wasn't clear.

Thanks.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, for sale on ebay and the usual other places. I don't have one but they are advertised as supporting both the OEM standard and extended batteries.

BDaddy68

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
According to the write up from Alex on the official OEM extended battery for the GSM version of the Nexus, the NFC was verified to be operational.

Questions:
1.) Has anyone used Google Wallet on the extended battery?
2.) If so, I've heard that due to security measures I might have to perform some "steps" in order to get NFC/wallet to recognize new battery. Does anyone have a link to those details?