Did JB Upgrade the camera?

I_Am_Incredible

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I must admit. I HATED my Gnex camera out of the box. Was my only downside to the phone. But after a while I got used to it.

Lately though hopping through different JB Roms the camera seems so much better.... Is my mind playing tricks on me?.... Or did google actually put work into the camera software to make it better?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything quality wise, but I've noticed its more fluid and smooth. I'll have to take some pictures and find out!

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the 4.0 method of no shutter lag pic taking was a little clumsy. It was hard to tell if you took a pic sometimes.

The new 4.1 method has a much better look and feel. It makes the camera feel much smoother.

That in itself is an upgrade... wouldn't you say?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about 4.1.1 upgrading the camera... but for me, 4.0.4 brought a big improvement over 4.0.2. They slowed the shutter speed a bit and made sure that the phone focuses before taking a picture. Definitely helps out.

It still isn't the best in low light, but that's just how it is.

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
went from 4.0.2 to 4.1.1 after having my phone for about a week, and I did find that there was a huge improvement in the way the app worked; more refined. The quality of the pics however I find to be the same.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree - the app itself has been improved dramatically. Quality seems to be on par with what 4.0.4 brought, which is in itself much better than what it had out of the box.

jivester

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
No more force closes like 4.2 and below but the best new feature is the ability to swipe left to see most recent viewing. Continue swiping left for the rest of the pictures in your camera folder. Zoom out to view like a camera roll and swipe up and down to delete photos on the roll. This helps me edit my photos in warp speed... Something I need a lot more since no shutter lag :)

uansari1

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol...try using red eye reduction in JB. Leaves purple circles over the eyes that you select to remove red eye from. Didn't happen in ICS and Google hasn't fixed it yet.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read they merged the camera app into the gallery, or vice versa. That way when you take a picture and it's shown in gallery it's not bouncing between 2 different apps. Or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463